PDA

View Full Version : I love my 4 banger

lowballer17
02-20-2006, 11:29 PM
Anyone else cutting with a 4 banger Jeep Wrangler? My Mexican built 2.4 liter gets no worse than 18 mpg towing in the city. Sure, I wont win too many races, but who cares? I tow a 5x10 trailer with a 36" Gravley wb and a 34" Gravley rider, along with trimmers, an edger, blower and 21" mtd push mower. I cut the front end of the trailer off so the wb can hang over a foot. Mobil 1 in the crankcase along with regular maintainance keeps me going. Plus no one even thinks about stealing a 4 banger Jeep!

MTR
02-21-2006, 03:13 AM
Anyone else cutting with a 4 banger Jeep Wrangler? My Mexican built 2.4 liter gets no worse than 18 mpg towing in the city. Sure, I wont win too many races, but who cares? I tow a 5x10 trailer with a 36" Gravley wb and a 34" Gravley rider, along with trimmers, an edger, blower and 21" mtd push mower. I cut the front end of the trailer off so the wb can hang over a foot. Mobil 1 in the crankcase along with regular maintainance keeps me going. Plus no one even thinks about stealing a 4 banger Jeep!

Awesome...but you mpg is not good for a 4 banger. This 18mpg is as about same as F 150, 4.2, V6. An average 4 cyl Ranger can tow @ 22 mpg....so you mpg is not exciting.