PDA

View Full Version : Question for Illinois Applicators

commercial_scag
02-21-2006, 03:16 PM
I am looking to take the pecticide exam in a couple weeks. I am going to take the general standards and turf category. What can I expect to see on these exams and how difficult are both of these exams. Thanks for the info.

commercial_scag
02-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Anybody have any info?

Coreyb
02-21-2006, 07:08 PM
i took the gs, turf, and ornamentals a few weeks ago. i am new to it. i sat through the gs training and scored a 91 on the test. sat through turf and ornamentals and got a 76 on ornamentals and 67 (did not pass) turf. if you get the books, and work books ahead of time, study them. i did not study at all. 80% of the test is in the workbook which they go over during training. the first 10 questions on all the test are the label questions. if you can read a label you will do ok.. the last 7-10 questions are math, the formulas are on the back of the test book. on turf, it is a lot of grub and insect questions and disease questions. study. you will do okay. pm me if you have more questions.

lewdo
02-21-2006, 11:06 PM
The testing for operators (general standards) isn't to bad. The test for the applicator (that's for the owner or person in charge) is a lot tougher. If you haven't already go to your local extension office and pick up the study manuals. Alot of the questions (on the general standards) are based on reading the labels on the different fertilizers.

all ferris
02-22-2006, 12:07 PM
I am looking to take the pecticide exam in a couple weeks. I am going to take the general standards and turf category. What can I expect to see on these exams and how difficult are both of these exams. Thanks for the info.

You do wesclin? Gonna try to put me out of business?:laugh: JK

I actually live in trenton(well close) too and I have had my lic. for 4 years now and the tests are not easy. There are some tricky questions to answer. Also, beware that Illinois requires that you have pesticide endorsement on your insurance to even get the lic. You may want to check into the insurance thing if you haven't already. If you want pm me or email me if you want to go over some of the things that will be on the test ...fried5@charter.net. I'd be glad to help. You have probably seen me around town with the pewter chevy truck and trailer with "all ferris" mowers? Anyway, it is always nice to know the local guys around town.