PDA

View Full Version : Grounds Wheelie

tdf
02-21-2006, 03:49 PM
I bought one of these and used it for the first time today. It is pretty cool. but I am not sure if it is spraying correctly. I know a guy going by screen name Ant is pretty fond of them so I hope he sees this thread. The spray comes out very course and I guess I was expecting it to be finer like a fan tip on a backpack sprayer. Is this normal? Also, It leaks a little from the nozzles when they are off. Only a drop or two comes out, but I am just curious if this is normal.

Thanks TDF

indyturf
02-21-2006, 03:59 PM
if you are getting even coverage the coarse spray will help cut down on drift. but you could use a different nozzle tip if you want a different pattern.

lawn king
02-21-2006, 05:14 PM
That sprayer has been around since the 1970's. You must be a young man if you're pushing that thing around. They work well, i do however, recall them being labor intensive to push around,lol.

tdf
02-21-2006, 07:39 PM
I am 32 years old. This is only my second year in business and I don't have the money yet to invest in a ride on. I do plan on getting a permagreen when I have a larger customer base. The equipment I use now is more labor intensive but it is ok for now as long as I am getting good results. I think when I get to 100 customers I will get one. I can't wait!

Thanks, TDF

ant
02-22-2006, 07:29 PM
to get a better "eye on the spray" fill it with water and test it on your drive way. it needs to spray course to get the 1 gal. per 1000 sf.

drips are drips with this sprayer..it helps to keep that slide bar at the nozzle body greased..
ant

YardPro
02-22-2006, 08:07 PM
lol..
i thought we were the only ones that had one of these. They are good for smaller properties, but they will wear you out... i have done some 2 and 3 acre properties...did not want to do it again

tdf
02-22-2006, 08:54 PM
I got this sprayer for blanket apps when taking over a lawn that hasn't been maintained. The rest of the year I will use the backpack for spot control. You are right about it working you. I guess you have to start somewhere.

My concern with the course spray was that I didn't know if enough chemical was hitting small weeds.

ant
02-22-2006, 09:14 PM
oh ya its hitting the weeds..
when you do the test on concrete open up a sheet of newspaper ,place it on the driveway and see what kind of coverage you get.:weightlifter:

tdf
02-23-2006, 09:49 AM
I'll check it out.

Thanks Alot