PDA

View Full Version : Corona lighting

Pro-Scapes
02-21-2006, 06:26 PM
My distributor gave me a corona lighting catalog. Anyone have any experience with them? I havnt seen them in person yet and im sold on Cast so far. Doing my first proffesional install as soon as the designer is finished.

landscapelight
02-21-2006, 09:47 PM
Give frog lights a shot they are the best!

SamIV
02-21-2006, 11:44 PM
landscapelight

What gives you the right to be critical of so many on this site. Possibly the person you should be most critical of is starring back at you in the mirror. How about a little positive input. Enough is enough dude.

Sam IV

SamIV
02-21-2006, 11:52 PM
Pro-Scapes

Getting back to your question. I think you are much better off sticking with your first choice.

Sam IV

Pro-Scapes
02-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Pro-Scapes

Getting back to your question. I think you are much better off sticking with your first choice.

Sam IV
Ok thanks Sam. Only problem I have with Cast so far is thier limited selection of area and path lights. Waiting for my distributor to pick up kichler.

Would you assume Hadco over Corona ?

steveparrott
02-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Pro-scapes,

Please don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. CAST has a small product line for a reason, it gives the installer a few solid tools that accomplish 95% of the work. It also greatly simplifies the sales process. Of course, there are times when a customer insists on more decorative fixtures, but even then, you never want to throw a big catalog at them. They will invariably select the fixtures that are the least durable.

nlminc
02-22-2006, 04:48 PM
Steve,
What's up with Cast in the Atlanta area? I live in the Roswell/Canton area. I've called Cast about the seminars, but there are none. I was told they were looking for a new distributer in my area also. I would have thought Cast would be all over Atlanta since lighting is a sure bet in this area.

SamIV
02-22-2006, 11:07 PM
You really don't need a lot of path or area lights. Eighty to ninety per cent of your fixtures will be bullets whether doing up or down-lighting. Cast makes a very good bullet and tree light. They also have a real cool flood.

I'm making the assumption that your distributor is Southern Outdoor Lighting. Chuck has a few other lines that are pretty impressive. The BQL and Evening lights are pretty much the same except for the leads. One has 25 foot and the other has three foot. Hadco makes a good product but I have never installed it. They claim to be the number one manufacturer of low voltage lighting. I usually use all Cast. The Corona is a lower end line and I have never used any of their product as well. They have some interesting MR 16 well lights available. There are many other so called manufacturers that have very similar or identical looking products to the Corona. Seems there is one manufacturer and many distributors.

One thing about Chuck, if you have a problem he takes care of it with usually no questions asked. Never really had any problems with the Cast but a few with some of the other manufacturers he stocks. But he took care of them all. I did answer your PM - check it out.

Sam IV

steveparrott
02-23-2006, 10:28 AM
NLMINC,

We don't currently have distribution set up in Atlanta (we're very selective). Till we do, I suggest you order from Chuck at Florida Outdoor Lighting.

Pro-Scapes
02-23-2006, 11:03 PM
NLMINC,

We don't currently have distribution set up in Atlanta (we're very selective). Till we do, I suggest you order from Chuck at Florida Outdoor Lighting.

Chuck has been great. someone always answers emails and such quickly and he even took the time to look at some job photos I had. I highly recommend getting in contact with him. Yeah Sam I am using southern outdoor lighting dist. They are like 30 min from me so it makes it great and they got a full stock of cast now. Elizabeth in there is nice just make sure you know what your looking for or talk to chuck she is newer at lighting than I am.

Steve wanna send me about 10,000 door tags so I can sell some lighting for ya ???? :) Im serious I want about that many

steveparrott
02-24-2006, 11:01 AM
Thanks, talk to Chuck about the doorhangers.

Frog Lights, LLC
02-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Steve
Well?

steveparrott
02-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Noel,

I don't understand your "well?" But I would like to mention that I'm uncomfortable with users addressing me with questions about orders and distributors and the like. I'm really not participating in this forum for promotional or sales purposes. I think this forum best serves it's members as a place to exchange ideas and knowledge about our profession. I love posts such as the one about lighting the bull. I'd like to see more posts where users address challenging issues, technical quandries and the like.

Frog Lights, LLC
02-26-2006, 03:54 PM
I was looking for a response to the PM I sent. Hopefully we can have a conversation soon. I enjoy reading the various posts with special interest concerning product design, use and problems. I feel this is very valuable.