PDA

View Full Version : Yard Waste

ripple
02-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Is it worth bringing all yard waste ie. leaves grass clippings back to the yard for composting?
And is it worth bringing all sticks, tree limbs, etc back to the yard to grind up into mulch?
And where should I take used concrete blocks, broken bricks, heavy broken up concrete etc?

TysonsTree
02-24-2006, 09:35 AM
I think so from an environmental standpoint.. It's good if we can keep 'green waste' from filling landfills.

Our company makes some money from the recycling side (tipping fees) and then grind, chip, or compost certain materials for resale as our nursery products. For our mulch we only use clean hardwood tree material. Limbs or some other types of wood maybe chipped for wood chips (makes a very pretty economical ground cover for areas off the beaten path). Leaf material is ground to make leaf compost. We add that to our topsoil for example.. We currently do not take any type of construction debris or even pallets. We never take any pressure treated material since it can contain CCA (see my website for more details: www.ttwr.com).

Not sure if this is what you were looking for in reply to your question but maybe it helps to know what can be done on the commerical recycling side..

regards, -Gary

SLSNursery
02-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Today I bought a Morbark 1000 Tub grinder. What are you grinding with Gary?

cgland
02-26-2006, 10:23 PM
We will keep everything in a separate bin. One for green waste, one for clean fill, and one for brick and block.

Chris

TysonsTree
02-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Morbart 1400. fyi -Gary