PDA

View Full Version : Sulfur everywhere

lawnspecialties
02-21-2006, 08:36 PM
My wife and I are really getting tired of fertilizer season. Does anyone have a good and quick way of getting fertilizer out your clothes and your skin. No burning please. Those shirts cost money.:laugh:

garydale
02-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Are you sure you are talking about sulfur?

Or is it Pre-M( yellow crabgrass preventer) on Lesco fertilizer.

We switched to Dimension for that very reason.

Check with Lesco.

lawnspecialties
02-23-2006, 08:59 AM
You know, I'm not exactly sure. My pre-emergence of choice for my commercial accounts is Pendimethalin. The "slow-release" nitrogen is sulfur-coated urea. My clothes smell just like sulfur and of course have a nice yellow tint. I always thought that was my problem.

Either way it stinks and won't come out in the wash until I've worn it and washed it about five times.

I used Barricade on most of my residentials this year. It was very nice and clean. It was also considerably more expensive. Thanks

upidstay
02-23-2006, 09:06 AM
The yellow stain is the pendimethalin, the smell is definitely the sulfur coating. Wash your clothes in hot water, seperately from all other clothing. Use a seperate hamper for dirty clothes. I used Surf brand detergant. Tide has Fabreeze in it now too for odor control.

lawnspecialties
02-23-2006, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the replies. I think I have come up with an excellent way to cheat my way out of this problem. I just ordered 48 more shirts with new colors for this year. From now on when I fertilize, I wear the old shirts and just trash'em. :D

somo1
02-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Something that I do is use Cintas uniforms, cost me about $5/week per employee. Also they wash them and it doesn't ruin my clothes or washing machine. Its nice not to take all the contaminates home to the wife and kids. Cintas has a very big selection of uniform styles and colors. Check them out, I just deduct $3/week from my employees checks to cover for part of the uniform charge, but it saves them from having to do laundry and by clothes. Plus everyone looks the same, no ratty jeans or faded shirts.

lawnspecialties
02-23-2006, 04:01 PM
That's pretty cheap considering all the hassle it saves you. Thanks

indyturf
02-23-2006, 06:34 PM
it usually takes about a month after you end round 1 before your clothes loose the yellow tint. be carefull with your boots too. I sat mine in our mud room and had yellow spots on the tile. it would not come off so we had to replace it!