PDA

View Full Version : Log Books

P & L Turf
02-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Was just curious to see who uses log books for their trucks. Big or small trucks. I'm asking because I use one of my trucks for personal use to and today my accountant said I'll need to start keeping a log book of business miles so I can use that as a write off for the tax season. Like I said, I was just curious to see how many people do this.:usflag:

twj721
02-21-2006, 09:30 PM
I had to start this last year as I found out that unless I put my pickup on my taxable personal property list I can not claim expense so I had to start keep track of mileage really hair pulling when you have to back track digging mileage with a truck trade in the middle of the year

P & L Turf
02-22-2006, 08:48 PM
I was afraid of hearing that. I was thinking about selling my current truck this spring and getting a new one. I'm just kinda worried about all the extra hassle it may cause. I quess thats just part of owning your own company.:dizzy:

grass_cuttin_fool
02-22-2006, 09:05 PM
I have a program I use on my pc to keep up with the mileage, you still have to enter it .

ranger351w
02-23-2006, 07:37 AM
I keep track of all mileage on my vehicals used for the business. Just go to office max or similar store and get a log book and be sure to enter every mile as the gov. will not give 100% off the miles. Also makes a better record as it will not crash.

A.S.D.S.Mowing