PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Guardian

Soupy
02-22-2006, 04:02 AM
Anyone using one of these http://www.trailerguardian.com/SeeIt.html .I just ordered one $50 shipped which is cheap insurance. The local RV place wanted $90.

jd6323
02-23-2006, 12:40 AM
I just put a big ole lock on the latch thing on the trailer but I guess it could be cut if somebody really wanted it. Mine stays back behind the gate and my neighborhood is pretty safe. If I have to park anywhere with it I keep an eye on it.

Soupy
02-23-2006, 12:58 AM
I didn't buy it for theft. I think it is great that it prevents the coupler from detaching even if the nut on the trailer ball falls off. You never know what can happen. It's not like I never heard of a trailer coming unhooked.. I think this is it's main purpose. The lock is just a plus if you want it.

I won't even use the lock on it (just one more key I don't need). I will use a pin instead.

jd6323
02-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Ah I didn't think of it that way. I have heard some nasty horror stories of boats and trailers getting totalled that way.

befnme
02-24-2006, 01:35 AM
Ah I didn't think of it that way. I have heard some nasty horror stories of boats and trailers getting totalled that way.

just get some big safety chain and be done...cheaper too. or a pentil(sp) hitch