PDA

View Full Version : Sprayers and Push Spreaders

Ollie3
02-22-2006, 05:55 PM
I am in the process of purchasing some new equipment in the near furtue, and I'd appreciate your input. Who makes the best push spreader, and where is their web-site. Also, I am heavily considering purchasing a sprayer and I was wondering if there is a sprayer on the market that is let's say in the 200-300 gallon range and is motorized, but without booms. I can't find anything out there. I'm looking for something that will fit in my trailer. Any and all input appreciated. Your NC Green friend.

Ollie :dizzy:

Green-Pro
02-22-2006, 06:16 PM
I like the Spyker model 88 for a push spreader, they are a sponsor and have a link on top of this page I believe. Don't know about a tank sprayer, I bit the bullet and bought a Z Spray a couple of weeks ago.

quiet
02-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Another vote here for Spyker spreaders. I've had good luck with mine and they are dead center accurate in their spread pattern. You may wanna look at SwissMex for backpack sprayers. Northern Tool has them. I use the SP0.

Ollie3
02-22-2006, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I'm graduating from Clemson in May with a Turf Management degree and I've only been really exposed to mowers. Are there any manufacturers out there that make pull behind sprayers for a truck in the 150-300 gallon range? I'm trying to hunt one down. I know Lessco makes them but I cant tow it. Thanks.

Ollie

K&L Landscaping
02-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Lesco has skid sprayer's from 50 gallon up to 300 gallon and a wonderful Spacesaver model that is 200 gallon's and sits right in the bed of your pick-up truck. Lesco also has high quality spreader's that last and last. If you are in the market for a back-pack sprayer don't waste your time with cheap crap like Solo's that will leak all over you as soon as you use them. Go ahead and spend the money and get some Birchmeiers.

indyturf
02-22-2006, 09:35 PM
I would try something like the lesco space saver and then try to find a boom attachment you can put on the back of the truck bumper! this would give you more flexibility than the pull behind boom sprayer and you could switch to the hose reel when you need to.

The Ranger
02-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Can't go wrong with a Andersons/Scotts push spreader.

WarEagleCRL
02-23-2006, 12:38 AM
ive got a 200gal sprayer from lesco on a 5x8 trailer and love it. I can still use my truck w/o hauling a sprayer everywhere

6'7 330
02-23-2006, 07:45 AM
Lesco sells very good spreaders and sprayers.The sprayers have hypro pumps and you can find 50 to 300 gal tank sizes.

upidstay
02-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Lesco push spreaders are the best out there. Accurate, easy to calibrate, easy to push. And they last for ever. I wore out 2 sets of tires on mine, it got so much use. I used to break cotter pins, wear out hopper covers, and that was all that went with any regularity. We "inherited" one from our competition once. We were about 150' back from a comepetitor on the highway, and a brand new lesco spreader flew out of the back of this idiots' truck at about 65mph. We stopped and grabbed uit (he kept going). Had to replace a tire, some cotter pins, and bought a new hopper cover because it didn't have one. Other than some scrapes this baby was good for a few hundred million square feet.

Rhett@Gregson-Clark
02-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Ollie,

We manufacture many types of sprayers for turf industry professionals. You can learn more about our products on our web site www.gregsonclark.com (click our link in sponsers above) or feel free to give me a call at 800-706-9530. I would be more that happy to discuss various options with you to hopefully help you determine the best solution for your needs. Best wishes for success in your business.

Rhett Clark
Gregson-Clark Spraying Equipment