PDA

View Full Version : Is all sprayer hose the same?

Triple R
02-22-2006, 11:34 PM
What brand and type of hose do you use?
I have only used Green Garde hose and was wondering what other manufactures are there? I bought a skid sprayer with 1/2" hose and switched to 3/8" because the 1/2" hose was too stiff and hard to work with. I have seen a couple of other guy's locally with what looks like 1/2" or larger grey hose and it seems to be more flexible but I have no idea what it is.

Here is where I get my hose from it's only $215 for 400' of 3/8" delivered
http://www.turfeagle.com/products/sprayhose.html

indyturf
02-23-2006, 01:47 AM
I switched to 3/8 a few years ago and it makes a big difference, you will like it! back at the beginning of time when I started in the business we used ammonia hose because it was lightweight and about .50cents a foot. I think the green guard 600 psi type hose was about $3 a foot back then.

ant
02-23-2006, 06:05 AM
i jst seen an add for green garde from www.westheffer.com for 3/8= .50 foot and 1/2= .65 foot..

greenfrog..
i see your setup in the back of your p/u ,looks like they fit nice....what kind of sprayers do you use?
ant

Puttinggreens
02-23-2006, 08:51 AM
For those of you using 3/8" spray hose, what kind of volume are you getting at the end of 300 or 400 feet of hose.

I would like to switch to 3/8".

I often spray putting greens with fungicides and like to keep my spray volume up to 2.5 gal/M.

Haven't yet found a friction loss chart like they use for pipe. Anybody know where to find one for spray hose?

philk17088
02-23-2006, 09:18 AM
For those of you using 3/8" spray hose, what kind of volume are you getting at the end of 300 or 400 feet of hose.

I often spray putting greens with fungicides and like to keep my spray volume up to 2.5 gal/M.

Haven't yet found a friction loss chart like they use for pipe. Anybody know where to find one for spray hose?

I have one here somewhere. I ll look for it and post it as soon as I can.

somo1
02-23-2006, 12:06 PM

Call Westheffer I'm sure that they will know the friction loss on the two different types of hoses. I prefer the 3/8" hose especially when dragging it all day. I have a rig with both 1/2" and 3/8" hose and I can tell a difference when pulling the lighter.

Triple R
02-24-2006, 09:38 PM
greenfrog..
i see your setup in the back of your p/u ,looks like they fit nice....what kind of sprayers do you use?
ant

I have 2 spayers in there. Both are 50 gal. with 400' of 3/8" hose on cox electric reels, Honda 5.5hp and 1 has a hypro D30 and the other has the D19. On the opposite side of the reels and pumps is a rack for up to 5 backpack sprayers and I still have plenty of room in the bed for granular fert and spreader. It's amazing how much you can do with a service bed. The truck is an S-10 and fully enclosed but I am not using it and don't plan on using it in the near future. I now use a GMC 3/4 ton pickup with a 100 gal fiberglass tank and a D30 pump on a skid and pull my enclosed trailer for mowing. It's easier than having to switch trucks to spray. Eventually I will set up my GMC the same as the S-10 but with larger tanks. I already have the service bed just need to install it but I don't know if I will buy the aluminum cap for it since it cost a lot, probably over $2k for a full size the S-10 cap was $1,500 a couple years back. If all goes as planned I will eventually have a custom bed designed for doing pest apps.

Neal Wolbert
02-25-2006, 03:07 AM
You can expect about 2+ gpm with 300' of 3/8 in. hose at 150#-180# pressure with a Chemlawn gun (green tip). 3+ with 1/2 in. You might want to look into Spiralite yellow hose. It's worked well for us for many years.

Neal

Puttinggreens
02-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Neal,

Thank you, that was the kind of info I was looking for.