PDA

View Full Version : aeration... ya..yaa.i know

new leaf
02-23-2006, 09:17 PM
real simple aeration rates for the new england areas. (new hampshire) i did a search everything appears to be geared towards rates for n.j. and south.

gslawncare
02-24-2006, 02:30 PM
I charge about 3.5 times the amount i'd charge to cut.
20 dollar lawn pays 70

40 dollar lawn cost about 140.

I know it's low but then sell a fert. app. along with it.

rodfather
02-24-2006, 03:09 PM
I wish someone would tell me how people equate mowing rates with aerating rates. What is the basis? How do LCO's come up with 2x, 3x, 3.5x, 4x, etc. etc., the mowing rate is what you will charge to aerate? Maybe it's me, but I see absolutely NOTHING about mowing someone's property comparable to aerating it.:dizzy:

I am not singling anyone out, but if someone would explain this to me, I would greatly appreciate it.:)

old dog 80
02-25-2006, 06:51 PM
I wish someone would tell me how people equate mowing rates with aerating rates. What is the basis? How do LCO's come up with 2x, 3x, 3.5x, 4x, etc. etc., the mowing rate is what you will charge to aerate? Maybe it's me, but I see absolutely NOTHING about mowing someone's property comparable to aerating it.:dizzy:

I am not singling anyone out, but if someone would explain this to me, I would greatly appreciate it.:)
I hear ya brother,it is FAR more work than mowing.Tines wear out before
mower blades.I don't own but rent the machines cause I don't like things
setting around idle for 11 months.MY reccommendation is rent a machine for a day see how long it takes and what it costs per 1000 SQ FT,determine what
you want to make ,then set prices.This may mean you don't make a lot the first time but IS called on job training.

indyturf
02-25-2006, 10:32 PM
I charge $15 per k single pass aeration

gslawncare
02-26-2006, 03:05 AM
How about cause the mower is about 36-48" and my aerator is about 20 or 21. You old guys complain a lot about aerating. OHH my back hurts, oh I don't like having to walk, I wish this one came with a cup holder.

Hurry up old man, time is money

turfcobob
02-28-2006, 11:06 AM
GSlawncare...guess what my aerator has a cup holder...I have one of those new Turfco TurnAer units with a Chariot to ride on. I have a cup holder from a boat shop on it to hold my water bottle. I can aerate and take a sip whenever I want..Yes I am an old guy well 58, not so old but I can aerate all day without sweating or a backache.

When it comes to rates they are all over the place...we charge by the lawn but I know guys that have set rates...For like 10,000 sq. ft and up or 10,000 sq ft and down. That way they do not have to go measure them. They trust the home owner..if the homeowner is way off they bill accordingly..usually they measure the lot and forget to subtract the house.

Charging in relationship to mowing has no basis for comparison. Except it give the homeowner a basis for comparison...they see you working harder so you charge more...also you are leaving all the little turf turds on the lawn.

We are cheap here in Nebr...$75 per average small lawn.