PDA

View Full Version : SpritzWiz Sprinkler Systems

Critical Care
02-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Okay, I'm not going to say anything about this, but take a look for yourself.

http://www.spritzwiz.com/

Dirty Water
02-23-2006, 10:14 PM
I think Hayes made that when he was staring boredly at a 2 litre of pepsi.

:laugh:

PurpHaze
02-23-2006, 10:18 PM
WTF??? A sucker born every minute. :laugh:

And no, Jon... I drink Coke when I have to drink soda. :)

PSUturf
02-26-2006, 07:08 PM
The sprinkler that does everything:
-Saves water
-Reduces erosion
-Sprouts seed
-Scares animals away
-Kills people with pacemakers if they get too close

I wonder if they've been sued yet for that last one.

Dirty Water
02-26-2006, 07:10 PM
I don't understand why they haven't made a rain "simulator" yet....

Perhaps a Hunter I-90 affixed to your rooftop with a 1.5" feed line?

:laugh:

PurpHaze
02-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Outside right now it's trying to simulate rain. I looked for the shutoff valve but haven't had success yet. :)

Critical Care
02-27-2006, 07:55 PM
I don't understand why they haven't made a rain "simulator" yet....

Careful Jon boy! That's too close to a post I made a bit prior to the Hayes Days. I was trying to come up with a camouflaged tree canopy sprinkler that would closely simulate rain. It was for a good reason, mind you. Sheesh.

PurpHaze
02-27-2006, 09:23 PM
The rain got delayed today and started 5 minutes before quitting time. At least we got a full work day in and took care of a couple of problems. Pouring outside now and I don't know where the isolation valve is. :laugh:

Bet Sheshovel is getting bombarded with snow up the road. :dancing:

sheshovel
02-28-2006, 10:09 PM
That is the most chicken sh.. thing I have ever seen.Speaking of chicken sh..,
What do you think of these for my little Mobile Home installations?

sheshovel
02-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Single Station, Battery Operated, Digital Controller to Convert Manual, Anti-Siphon Valve to Automatic Operation
Converts 3/4" and 1" manual plastic or brass anti-siphon valves to automatic operation. All adapters and washers are included
Anti-Siphon Valve prevents irrigation water from reentering the water source
Especially important when automatically applying fertilizer through a filter
Six buttons with large, integrated liquid crystal display
Watering Duration: from 1 minute to 11 hours and 59 minutes.
can be set in 1 minute increments
Watering Frequency: programming can be hourly, daily, or weekly
2 schedule types available – cyclical or specific days of the week
specific: can have up to 4 start times per day in the weekly mode
cyclical: once every 3, 6, 12, 24 hours or up to 30 days
"Rain Off" mode
Adjustable flow control
Power Source: one 9-volt alkaline battery
lasts up to one year
low battery indicator
Operating Pressure: 10 to 125 PSI
Additional Parts Included: 3/4" and 1" adapters and washers for plastic and brass valves
Warranty: 3 years

Model 2006i Pack Qty: 1 Case Qty: 6 Case Wt. 6.8

jerryrwm
02-28-2006, 11:52 PM
Single Station, Battery Operated, Digital Controller to Convert Manual, Anti-Siphon Valve to Automatic Operation
Converts 3/4" and 1" manual plastic or brass anti-siphon valves to automatic operation. All adapters and washers are included
Anti-Siphon Valve prevents irrigation water from reentering the water source
Especially important when automatically applying fertilizer through a filter
Six buttons with large, integrated liquid crystal display
Watering Duration: from 1 minute to 11 hours and 59 minutes.
can be set in 1 minute increments
Watering Frequency: programming can be hourly, daily, or weekly
2 schedule types available – cyclical or specific days of the week
specific: can have up to 4 start times per day in the weekly mode
cyclical: once every 3, 6, 12, 24 hours or up to 30 days
"Rain Off" mode
Adjustable flow control
Power Source: one 9-volt alkaline battery
lasts up to one year
low battery indicator
Operating Pressure: 10 to 125 PSI
Additional Parts Included: 3/4" and 1" adapters and washers for plastic and brass valves
Warranty: 3 years

Model 2006i Pack Qty: 1 Case Qty: 6 Case Wt. 6.8

No problem with the device for those small systems. BUT - not for applying fertilizer through a filter! Check local codes. Almost any area will restrict use of fertilizer injection devices to a RPZ device.

Wet_Boots
03-01-2006, 06:31 AM
While an antisyphon valve shares the same toxic-backflow capability an atmospheric vacuum breaker has, it also shares the same vulnerability of not being rated for continuous pressure, so even a non-pressurized fertilizer application may be forbidden by codes. Also, the description doesn't mention that the valve has to be higher in elevation than any pipe or sprinkler that it feeds.

PurpHaze
03-01-2006, 08:30 AM
The contraption looks similar to the Nelson Solo-Rain except it has a larger read-out area.

sheshovel
03-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Well I don't need to appyl fert..no lawns and the plants I plant do fine without it..the clay soil is full of good stuff for them.I already know that it has to be 12'' higher than the highest head this would be hooked up for drip irrigation applications only.

Wet_Boots
03-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Hey, it might work. Goodness knows they've been trying to make a sucess of the concept, for more than twenty years. With the track record so far, be prepared with replacements for whatever you install.

bicmudpuppy
03-01-2006, 09:36 PM
Ok, what is the cost of the pictured contraption vs. a solenoid anti-siphon valve with a single station battery operated unit. RB makes a reliable one. I hate to even say/type Nelson, but with the universal adapter, their battery operated solenoid has a fair track record. What I am implying is the brass looks expensive. Solenoid valves w/ AVB's are readily available. Put the battery operated conversion on it and you have the same device in a proven battery unit. Not as durable as that brass, but much more repairable, in my opinion.

sheshovel
03-01-2006, 09:41 PM
It's about $150.00 comes in both brass and plastic
I hate Nelson

SprinklerGuy
03-01-2006, 10:44 PM
What did Nelson ever do to you? I like him..he is my favorite just behind Bart.

Dirty Water
03-01-2006, 11:11 PM
We have used the solo-rain successfully in isolated situations.

key word, isolated...if you can get power to a timer, do it!

bicmudpuppy
03-01-2006, 11:24 PM
http://www.rainbird.com/parts/images/thumbnails/K93100_lg.jpg?id=2226http://www.rainbird.com/parts/images/thumbnails/B60698_lg.jpg?id=2700Ok, Two pictures here. One is the RB 9v timer/solenoid to convert a regular solenoid valve for areas w/ no AC. Second is RB's anti-siphon valve based on the DV100 diaphram and body style. I don't think these two in combination would get you any where near $150, but with the way prices have jumped lately, I could be wrong.

Dirty Water
03-01-2006, 11:34 PM
I replaced 3 old hardie ASV valves with the RB 100-ASVF about 6 months ago. Its a nice valve...for a ASV valve (not a fan).

The only annoying thing with the retrofit is that they are different lengths, so I had to use a handfull of elbows under the surface to keep things looking nice.

sheshovel
03-02-2006, 01:08 AM
Mudpup I need a cover to protect from the sun and weather and an easy to work controller for my old people.I like buttons and not dials and a digital read-out.I do use AC in normal applications..but it's impossible with these and with all the water pipes under the homes and under the cement and with no acsess..well I do what I can

PurpHaze
03-02-2006, 08:04 AM
What did Nelson ever do to you? I like him..he is my favorite just behind Bart.

I was thinking of Nelson Riddle when I first saw this. :)

PurpHaze
03-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Mudpup I need a cover to protect from the sun and weather and an easy to work controller for my old people.I like buttons and not dials and a digital read-out.I do use AC in normal applications..but it's impossible with these and with all the water pipes under the homes and under the cement and with no acsess..well I do what I can

Go for it girl! Don't forget to take pictures and keep us updated on how it's progressing. :)