PDA

View Full Version : Great Dane

4LLAWNSINC
02-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Strongly considering buying a new Great Dane Super Surfer 52" series 2. I already have one that is 3-4 years old and like it. Any suggestions/advice?

Gautreaux's LNG
02-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Everride now owns Great Dane.... I like the Everride ZTR, nice machine. I believe it's the "next" mower to make a move on the market nationally.

We can't give away stand-on units down here. Everride seems to think they are going to be a hit! But with mower financing like buying a new car it's just so easy to get into a small rider.....

jtkplc
02-23-2006, 10:35 PM
I would strongly suggest trying a 52" Wright Stander. They are in another league compared to the Super Surfer. I've used both and the Stander performs better on hills, turns quicker, the tires don't spin on turns hardly at all, and most importantly, they turn faster because they are a shorter frame. From my experience, the only positive thing about the Super Surfer is the suspension foot plate.

You might find that they aren't for you, but I would at least give them a shot.

promower
02-23-2006, 11:18 PM
The new 06 surfer did do some re-design work. The frame is shorter with the rider standing more to the center of the machine for better stability. I dont have wright dealer by me so I cant compare the two. I have a few SS and think they are a good machine, cuts a lot of grass quick.

ThirdDay
02-24-2006, 12:01 AM
The Super Surfer is a great machine. We have saved a lot of money over the years using these machines. Great quality of cut as well.