PDA

View Full Version : Neighborhood Meeting to attend

wglawncare
02-24-2006, 12:29 AM
I was invited to a neighborhood meeting of approximately 30 lakefront owners. I currently have 1 customer in that area, and he happens to be the person that created the meeting. He has invited me and told me to get something together for that meeting. What do I bring? Business Cards... what else should I bring and be prepared for?

Madstriper
02-24-2006, 12:38 AM
OK now, I am new to this, but I have some ideas.
If you do landscaping, make up some type of portfolio with you to show everyone what you have done and how it looks just to give them ideas.
If you have a good looking rig and equipment, id clean em up and take it all with you like a show of sorts. This way, they know what to expect if they hire you.
Take your business cards, and make up or have made up some flyers, they dont have to be fancy, you can just type up something with your company name, your name, and the services you offer.
You can ever find some info to show everyone things that can be done to make their yard healther and better looking. This sounds like an incredible opportunity for you, and I am sure just this experience will help you sell your services in the future. If not to too many of these folks, you will be better prepared with everyone you come into contact with. It may sounds a bit scary, but if you present yourself right, I think you will look back on this day as a very positive experience.

just Cuts
02-24-2006, 12:45 AM
I would print out check lists with different options (lawn maintenance,mulch,clean-ups,landscaping ect.If people are interested they can check off want they are interested in.have a place for them to put there name, address,phone number.I would also print out price lists of what you charge (per yard of mulch,hourly rate for clean-ups,price per acre for cut..ect. Hope this helps.

wglawncare
02-24-2006, 12:53 AM
I do mainly lawn maintenance(Mowing, Clean-ups, Fertilizing) Beach Renovations, and Seaweed Removal. I have been trying to put a lot of effort into just looking for lakefront properties, because 95% of my current client base are lakefront owners, and make my services fit these properties needs. I got a late start on taking pictures last year so I do not have too many that really look their best. But I might use that checklist idea.

just Cuts
02-24-2006, 12:55 AM
Good luck!!!:waving:

rick2752
02-24-2006, 01:10 AM
Something to think about that is a big seller in the Lakefront communities is ORGANIC. I am sure you could find a ton of info online on how bad weed and feeds and other chemicals are that leach into the lake. Sell yourself on an organic fertilizer and maybe spot treatment of weeds so nothing gets to the lake. What about lake front cleanup???Cattails and stuff growing? Depends on what you specialize in or want to.

wglawncare
02-24-2006, 02:21 PM
I specialize in lakefront cleanups(leaves, seaweed, ect.) and beach renovations. The organic thing I have looked at and the best fertilizer that works for not harming the lake is one that is phosphurous free. It does not promote plnat growth in the lake. There is currently a ban for lakefrotn owners to use any fertilizer WITH phosphurous in the fertilizer. So maybe Ill go that route. But should I be bringing pictures, which really I do not have many. Or an estiamte for each person, which I dont no exactly which people are coming. Should I bring some sort of snack for everyone. Donuts?

cklands
02-24-2006, 02:25 PM
I would say bring any pictures you can. Put together a little porfolio to hand out to them listing services you offer. I would also try an get a couple letters of reference from other accounts that you have.

TURFLORD
02-24-2006, 03:54 PM
I would call the guy back and ask him why he wants you there. It sounds like some sort of trap. Why is he putting this meeting together?

topsites
02-24-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm catching turflord's general drift myself...

No offense, but I wouldn't waste my time with this.
I wouldn't even call the guy back, thou if he was a customer of mine, I would be reviewing what this could mean insofar as what he is thinking because it may be nothing, but it could also be saying this guy doesn't think much of me...

wglawncare
02-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Can you say distrustful! My client, the guy that is started the meeting, has a plan for all of the property owner's piers. Right now how they are laid out it doesn't work. And he has a plan that will work. He has invited me to be there to meet all of his neighbors and he said he will "sell" me, and try and get me some more jobs in his area. I dont get where you get a trap out of this? But hey?

MarcSmith
02-24-2006, 04:44 PM
The customer who set up the meeting may be trying to organize a "mini HOA" and looking for someone to take care of the property, Ormaybe the Client has gotten many compliments on his property and the other homeowners want to see if they can work some sort of package deal....

I would call you customer back and make sure you are on the same page as to the reason for the meeting. IE is it going to be a bash session or a free advertising seminar for you to peddle your wares...

30 homes in one spot. thats a good a route density....:)

lawnman21
03-19-2008, 02:18 PM
What do you normally charge for seaweed removal or how do you work your seaweed removal service? I am interested in adding this to my list of services this coming season.