PDA

View Full Version : do or not ???

fyshstykr
02-24-2006, 01:11 AM
I am not yet state certified and do not plan to be until next year, but I know I can legally put down just fertilizer, would a person dare put down a "customer supplied" fert w/pesticide
or pre-emergent or anything like this ?
just a curiosity question ?

coyoteman
02-24-2006, 01:21 AM
Are you kidding?? I believe this site is for professionals.

fyshstykr
02-24-2006, 01:29 AM
Are you kidding?? I believe this site is for professionals.
sorry, I was just asking a question, if I am out of line to ask then I do apologize, but you don't need to be a "jerk".
so please have a great day "coyoteman.
thanks.:waving:

jim163
02-24-2006, 01:30 AM
fines are up to 10,000 per house, and the DEC can follow and bang you as hard as they want. If you can make enough money to pay the fines do it.

indyturf
02-24-2006, 01:37 AM
Why wait until next year?

fyshstykr
02-24-2006, 01:40 AM
fines are up to 10,000 per house, and the DEC can follow and bang you as hard as they want. If you can make enough money to pay the fines do it.
thanks Jim that is the kind of answer I was looking for, and thanks for not being demeaning and disrespectful to another lawnsite member. thanks again.
fysh.:)

fyshstykr
02-24-2006, 01:43 AM
Why wait until next year?
I got a late start on the books, and with trying to get all my ducks in a row on getting this business going I just have not had the time.
fysh.

tjgray
02-24-2006, 03:22 AM
thanks Jim that is the kind of answer I was looking for, and thanks for not being demeaning and disrespectful to another lawnsite member. thanks again. fysh.:)

Fysh I realize you have no clue and really meant no harm with what you thought a simple question, but if you take any time to read a few of the threads posted here then perhaps you could understand that your question was every bit as demeaning and dis-respectful towards many here as you accuse coyoteman of being to you.

Like I said read a bit you will quickly get to know how most here feel about illegal applicators :nono:

fyshstykr
02-24-2006, 05:14 AM
Fysh I realize you have no clue and really meant no harm with what you thought a simple question, but if you take any time to read a few of the threads posted here then perhaps you could understand that your question was every bit as demeaning and dis-respectful towards many here as you accuse coyoteman of being to you.

Like I said read a bit you will quickly get to know how most here feel about illegal applicators :nono:
Tara, I am sorry if I have offended you or anyone else on here, please remember I am a relatively new person on here and am just looking for information from the people that know. I thought this website was designed for doing just that.
Maybe I should have put more thought into the wording of my question, what I meant was: if a customer asked you to put down a" bag or 2" of pre-emergent or grub killer that they already have, ( I know Illegal is Illegal). But If the home owner can do it on his own property himself legally and I can do it on my property and not break any laws, then what is the difference ? It's not that I plan on doing this, or being an illegal applicator as I will pursue being certified next off season.
As for coyoteman, I didn't "accuse" him of being demeaning or disrespectful, I believe most anyone would think he was in the way he posted his response to my question, just my opinion I could be wrong.
thank you for the response Tara.:) :)

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
02-24-2006, 05:50 AM
Tara, I am sorry if I have offended you or anyone else on here, please remember I am a relatively new person on here and am just looking for information from the people that know. I thought this website was designed for doing just that.
Maybe I should have put more thought into the wording of my question, what I meant was: if a customer asked you to put down a" bag or 2" of pre-emergent or grub killer that they already have, ( I know Illegal is Illegal). But If the home owner can do it on his own property himself legally and I can do it on my property and not break any laws, then what is the difference ? It's not that I plan on doing this, or being an illegal applicator as I will pursue being certified next off season.
As for coyoteman, I didn't "accuse" him of being demeaning or disrespectful, I believe most anyone would think he was in the way he posted his response to my question, just my opinion I could be wrong.
thank you for the response Tara.:) :)

Hey Fysh, I hope that this helps. The difference is that you are a contractor for hire. It does not matter who purchases the product. If it is not your property then you can get zapped. Yes, you are correct that you can apply fert. IMO I would not do it. You would have to be doing a good deal of biz to make it worth your wild in case you got busted. In addition, it is just not a good business practice. Again, this is JMO take it for what it is worth.:)

jrc lawncare
02-24-2006, 07:46 AM
fines are up to 10,000 per house, and the DEC can follow and bang you as hard as they want. If you can make enough money to pay the fines do it. The pain can be real. Lesco rep was telling me about a guy that got nailed in the Albany area, fines are gonna be $7,000-$10,000. Not worth it.

QualityLawnCare4u
02-24-2006, 08:14 AM
I asked the same question as you last year to my county agent. He told me (now remember I live in a Mayberry like setting) that "if" the client supplied it and I did it as a good will jesture, meaning free, I "should" not have a problem. He is full of crap to. I did not feel good about it so I WILL NOT do it until Im an licensed applicator. I have thrown out a bag or two or fertilizer once in a great while but do not make a habit of it. Right now I refer anyone who ask me to do any spraying to call someone else. I also have been known to spray a little round up but it depends on where Im at and who Im doing it for and I do it very rarely.Bottom line is dont do it until you have the license to do so because it is a heavy fine and once caught they will start watching you and it aint worth it.

MarcSmith
02-24-2006, 08:31 AM
to play devils advocate here for just a minute. In some states, there is a "yardman" clause which allows contractors to apply homeowner supplied chemicals and equipment...

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/PI/PI00600.pdf

at least in florida...

So you may be able to "legally" do it, you just need to check your local laws....

That being said....You still should get the License and cert as soon as you can...

fyshstykr
02-24-2006, 02:39 PM
alright folks thanks for the advice,I really do appreciate all of it. I think I will stay clear of it this year. I have a neighbor in the fert/squirt business who wants to network with me, I will go that route.
thanks again.
fysh.:drinkup:

MarcSmith
02-24-2006, 02:55 PM
fysh...use you freind as a subcontractor....Ie you contract with him to to the spraying, and then markup the treatments to your clients....There one way to help get a few bucks in your pocket....

LawnScapers of Dayton
02-24-2006, 02:57 PM
The statement about the fact that you even asked the question was offensive could be the most childish thing I have heard this year....(it is only February). If that offended you, you need to get some thicker skin or maybe get a life....

This site is for those of us who want to learn from those that know more and have more experience. If you don't want to share what you know and are just waiting to jump someone for their questions then what are you adding to the good of the forum?? nothing is the answer......

tjgray
02-24-2006, 03:32 PM
fysh...use you freind as a subcontractor....Ie you contract with him to to the spraying, and then markup the treatments to your clients....There one way to help get a few bucks in your pocket....

Not only will it get a few bucks in your pocket, but it will keep you legal and give you the knowledge you need as you can learn from your sub. Networking is absolutely the key.

And Ventures I am not offended over a simple question. My offense was the content of the question wrote in what I assume to be a forum composed mostly of professionals who respect this industry enough to be legal in it :waving: