PDA

View Full Version : Flyering streets with "No Solicitation" signs?

Precision Lawns
02-24-2006, 08:21 AM
Our subdivision has a no soliciting sign, but we still get door-to-door salespeople and flyers all the time, so I'm wondering if the sign is actually enforceable. I went to put up doorhangers in a neighborhood yesterday and did almost the whole thing, except for one street that had a big "No Trespassing, No Solicitation" sign at the front of it. It seems silly to leave one street un-doorhangered, but I wasn't sure what the consequences are if I ignored the sign and put up my doorhangers anyway. I'm thinking of going back out there today and hitting that street, but I just wanted to check first and see if anyone had any thoughts or experiences on this.

PMLAWN
02-24-2006, 08:38 AM
I am in NC, Yes we can (and do ) enforce it. We call the police and they will ask them to leave.
There is a sign at the entrance to the hood (one entrance) so all know. We still get a lot in doing it. We are concerned about the door knockers, not the flyers in the paper boxes.
Our street is public so anybody can drive and we can not put up a gate. We just don't like people walking door to door.

daveintoledo
02-24-2006, 09:24 AM
send your flyers direct mail to the street...:)

Eurosport
02-24-2006, 10:30 AM
I wouldn't put on that street just out of respect. When I put fliers out if the person has a "no soliciting" sticker on their mailbox I leave it alone. If they want my service they will have to find out from their neighbors. By putting them up it shows that you don't respect their wishes.

tjsquickcuts
02-24-2006, 10:47 AM
I was once told to me that, if there is not a order number for the No Solicitation on the bottom of the sign, then its just a neighborhood thing to try and keep the neighborhood peace. I go into those neighborhoods all the time, matter of fact, its where I have gotten most of my accounts. I just usually tell them, I was called out by one of their neighbors, and Just wanted to see sense they needed a Landscaper, did anyone else on the street need one as well. Usually works for me, and havent been put out or had the police called on me either. Oooooh, and before I forget, make sure you have on something with you company logo, or look professional because someone might mistake you for the guy who has been breaking into homes on the news and call the cops on you.....lol

skurkp
02-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Our neighborhood news letter had a section on just this. They said that although we have the no solicit signs up, it is not enforceable by law. Hundreds of companies put out door hangers. I plan on doing this myself and until someone tells me not to I will continue.

the ace
02-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Our subdivision has a no soliciting sign, but we still get door-to-door salespeople and flyers all the time, so I'm wondering if the sign is actually enforceable. I went to put up doorhangers in a neighborhood yesterday and did almost the whole thing, except for one street that had a big "No Trespassing, No Solicitation" sign at the front of it. It seems silly to leave one street un-doorhangered, but I wasn't sure what the consequences are if I ignored the sign and put up my doorhangers anyway. I'm thinking of going back out there today and hitting that street, but I just wanted to check first and see if anyone had any thoughts or experiences on this.

Putting a flyer on a door is NOT soliciting! I had someone complain one afternoon to the police that there was someone soliciting in their neighborhood, when the police found me walking up to a house to put a flyer on the door he called me over to his car. He asked what I was doing so I told him I was passing out some lawn care flyers, he then asked if I was knocking on any doors or stopping to talk with people, I said no I have not, he told me as long as I did not knock on doors or talk to anyone I was NOT soliciting! So on that note men carry on!

sundayrugger
02-24-2006, 11:35 AM
I agree with Eurosport. If they have a no soliciting sign leave them alone. I haven't found a hole street like that yet but I'm looking small town part time and will finish the last of my 800 flyers today.