PDA

View Full Version : Tea anyone?

upidstay
02-24-2006, 08:42 AM
Who is using compost teas out there?? I am starting a job as groundskeeper for a university, and I want to be as organic as I can be. We are talking serious footage here, so granular organics simply would not be cost effective. I have priced them out locally, and the cost would be ridiculous. Any feedback recispes, etc. would be greatly appreciated. I plan on using them on turf and trees/shrubs. Also, what is a good brewer to buy, or can i just build one??:hammerhead:

nocutting
02-24-2006, 09:39 AM
Who is using compost teas out there?? I am starting a job as groundskeeper for a university, and I want to be as organic as I can be. We are talking serious footage here, so granular organics simply would not be cost effective. I have priced them out locally, and the cost would be ridiculous. Any feedback recispes, etc. would be greatly appreciated. I plan on using them on turf and trees/shrubs. Also, what is a good brewer to buy, or can i just build one??:hammerhead:
Probablly the biggest scam in organics...........you can very easilly do it yourself [ & not all teas need to be airated]........Pm me to talk, regards Saxon:cool2:

NattyLawn
02-24-2006, 01:40 PM
What types of teas do not need to be aerated? I know there are benefical anaerobic bacteria, but to brew whole batches of tea that way? What do you do to keep the microbes from running out of oxygen? Stirring?

mrkosar
02-26-2006, 11:31 AM
i can't pm for some reason. can you send me all you know on compost tea. i just got back from a seminar that was pushing how effective compost tea is. i was really impressed and wanted to look into using it this year or at least testing it out on a small scale. you say you don't need a brewing kit? what about de-chlorinating the water? can you send me an email with your advice and tips...possible suppliers maybe in ohio or around this area? thanks.

my email is moneymaurer@hotmail.com

Olli
02-26-2006, 11:59 PM
I am confused. Are you saying compost tea is a scam, or brewers? There is good and bad, and alot of bad information out there