PDA

View Full Version : Get These Books

niteliters
02-24-2006, 08:42 AM
I've read a few books in my lifetime, have been very impressed and helped by these two books "the purple cow" and "the big moo" . They are written in succession but you don't have to read "the purple cow" to understand the "big Moo".

niteliters
03-01-2006, 07:04 AM
It's really the horses that have something to fear around here:)

Mike & Lucia
03-01-2006, 10:11 PM
I've read "The Purple Cow" by Seth Godin, as well as his next book "Free Prize Inside". I met Seth at a seminar he did for my entrepreneurs organization - quite the interesting fellow.

I've never heard of "The Big Moo", who wrote it?

Another great book for lighting pros (operative worg here: Professional!), is "Selling The Invisible" by Harry Beckwith. Easy to read, great marketing ideas. Based on a similar thought process to Godin: make sure your offering a great product or service before you start making a lot of noise with expensive ad/marketing dollars.

Grab one now before the Spring season opens up. Happy reading.

Mike

TheHotShotKid
03-02-2006, 08:50 AM
Godin writes what seems like 50 books a year. More qty than quality. He's an internet guy, something to do with yahoo. I don't care for his advice. His books ramble on and on and are mostly space fillers to fill a page and make a book. Sorry I just don't get it.

Pro-Scapes
03-02-2006, 11:50 PM
speaking of books we just picked up Janet Moyers book The landscape lighting book for nearly half off... I think 46.99 plus a small shipping fee. Dust cover was torn up but book is fine. Just gotta find time to read it now!

klkanders
03-03-2006, 12:03 AM
Billy
Where did you get your copy of the book? I still have to purchase that one also. Thanks!

Pro-Scapes
03-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Billy
Where did you get your copy of the book? I still have to purchase that one also. Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/offer-listing/0471527262/ref=lp_g_1/103-0955045-0940627?%5Fencoding=UTF8 should be a link. Used starting at 70... there was several in the low 50 range when I bought mine.

niteliters
03-09-2006, 02:51 PM
the big moo also written by godin, hotshot is right there is alot of filler but there are some nuggets in there I found invaluable. It only took about 2 nights to extract out the good chapters. i would still check it out. some good advice for anyone in any business.
chris