PDA

View Full Version : Cubic feet calculation please

GrazerZ
02-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Could someone help me with the formula to find the cubic feet total amount of water to water a square ft at .5" of water. This would be helpful in calculation the relative cost to run an irrigation system for a given square ft area. I have formulas to figure it out once its designed, but would like to have it based on sq ft. to use as a rough estimate. I'm sure I'm just being dense, your help is apreciated.

Wet_Boots
02-24-2006, 06:25 PM
That's very simple. Half an inch of water on a one-square-foot area is 1/24 of a foot on said area, equalling 1/24 cu ft total water.

jerryrwm
02-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Could someone help me with the formula to find the cubic feet total amount of water to water a square ft at .5" of water. This would be helpful in calculation the relative cost to run an irrigation system for a given square ft area. I have formulas to figure it out once its designed, but would like to have it based on sq ft. to use as a rough estimate. I'm sure I'm just being dense, your help is apreciated.

It takes 27154 gals to cover an acre 1" deep. There are 7.6 gals per cu ft. Go for it Tiger.

Wet_Boots
02-25-2006, 05:43 AM
yeah, but his water meter reads in cubic feet :headphones: <sup><small>John Coltrane

GrazerZ
02-25-2006, 08:06 AM
I need this information so that I can provide a potential customer an idea what his water bill will liik like based on the rates in that city.

jerryrwm
02-25-2006, 11:03 AM
Hey, I'm not going to do the math for him. It's easy enough to convert from gal to cu ft. I think. Isn't it? Oh well, have fun. Acre inch is about 3500 cu ft.

GrazerZ
02-25-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm all set guys, I figured it out on my own. Been a little foggy, have been sick.

BostonGuy
02-27-2006, 09:42 PM
You can use google to make calculations as well. Try typing in your dimensions and what you want the results diplayed in, in a google search bar. Honestly, try it. Paste this sample in a google search bar:
.5 inch * 50 feet * 100 feet in gallons

Dirty Water
02-27-2006, 09:46 PM
You can use google to make calculations as well. Try typing in your dimensions and what you want the results diplayed in, in a google search bar. Honestly, try it. Paste this sample in a google search bar:
.5 inch * 50 feet * 100 feet in gallons

Thats damn cool...Is there anything Google doesn't do :)

bicmudpuppy
02-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Thats damn cool...Is there anything Google doesn't do :)
Google is absolutely USELESS with wives.......or maybe that's me and that is the whole problem :(