PDA

View Full Version : Nothing else like it

Lawnman4life
02-24-2006, 06:08 PM
Well here it goes. I am 26 and have owned my own business now for two years. I started doing lawncare and landscaping at 13 years old working for my Uncles company. I pretty much ran a crew for him that maintained about 110 lawns (mostly residential some commercial). After I graduated I decided to chase the better money, and got into construction. Well lets just say that I have learned a couple of different trades over the next few years (concrete, fertilizing, ceramic tile, basement remods, pretty much anything hands on). Well as I realized over the years, there is nothing like walking behind a mower on a beautiful day. I know there is alot more to it, but it beats alot of stuff. Well I got sick of the layoffs, competition for my job, and most of all the guy I had to answer to. It sucks being told to do something and having to do it whether it is wrong or not. I do not like to operate like that, I try to do the best at whatever it is I am doing. So I decided to chase my dream of being in business for myself.
Anyway, thanks to a gifted partner (Salesman) we signed up 37 residential customers, and 2 smaller commercial accounts our first year. Also, took on many cleanups, shrub trimming, and a couple smaller landscapes. We hope to pick up a few more commercial accounts this year, and expand more with each coming year.
I do not regret my many different career paths along the way, they taught me alot and allow me to make a decent buck in the winter. What I do regret is not chasing this dream a little sooner... So, for all those that say your just a lawnguy, I say nope, "I am a happy lawnguy" , and hows your cubicle.....

kirk brown
02-25-2006, 01:00 PM
So, for all those that say your just a lawnguy, I say nope, "I am a happy lawnguy" , and hows your cubicle

good answer:)

nephilim0167
03-03-2006, 10:04 PM
and hows your cubicle.....

Funny you should say that... I tell my girlfriend that every day when we talk about how our days went :weightlifter: Glad you're diggin' the field.

daveintoledo
03-07-2006, 03:19 PM
I should have started sooner........ you know it.... me too, if we would have only known ........:)