PDA

View Full Version : ZTR commercial mowers

qualityscapes
02-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Looking to purchase a new ZTR mower.

Getting into the mowing aspect of the business and need to purchase a commerical ZTR mower. Is it possible to spend 4 - 4.5k and get an entry level new one?

I'm located in upstate NY so my opportunity for multiple dealers is low. Not to many manufacutres to choose from.

PMLAWN
02-24-2006, 07:47 PM
I will say no, but if you get a small one with little HP maybe a little over 5K. What size do you need.

4K is going to be homeowner stuff.

hobbsd
02-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Buy a walk behind, It is all we used for the first five years. They work great for starters, just be prepared to be tired at the end of a 16 hour day.:sleeping:

qualityscapes
02-24-2006, 08:11 PM
We only have a few accounts, and just are now getting into commercial mowing. All of our business up to this point is hardscape, and landscape.

We have a few commercail accounts of a few acres of total mowing surface area. My parnter is unable to walk long distances which explains the need for the ZTR. 4,500 is what we have to spend. Getting the best mower we can for this price.

The Cub Cadet Z Force 50 seems like a fairly sturdy mower for the price around 4k. How commerical would this mower be considered?

Triple blades, heavily welded steel deck, 1 year commercial warranty...

ed2hess
02-24-2006, 11:12 PM
If you don't want to go used then why not try the HomeDepot riding mowers? They may not be good for heavy commericial but they might do for what you need. Why not get a sulky for a WB?

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
02-24-2006, 11:26 PM
If you absolutely need a ztr and that is your max have you considered financing? I know that many of the bigger commercial companies offer some decent finance plans. What size mower do you need? I am not sure what the prices are, but Lesco just sent something in an e-mail about some specials that they are running. I know that the 60" was like $6,800, but I do not know what the smaller models were running.

PMLAWN
02-24-2006, 11:49 PM
We have a few commercail accounts of a few acres of total mowing surface area. My parnter is unable to walk long distances which explains the need for the ZTR. 4,500 is what we have to spend. Getting the best mower we can for this price.

Can he stand-- Get a W/B and get a velke.

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
02-24-2006, 11:52 PM
Can he stand-- Get a W/B and get a velke.

Yeah, what PMLawn said would be best for price. You could get more for your buck, and not a homeowners/(commercial in name homeowners in quality) machine.

MNBOY
02-25-2006, 01:35 AM
I too am on a tight budget considering this is my first year and the startup costs just keep adding up. I wanted a Z as well but was struggling with the prices. I looked around and found a John Deere Quik Trak stander 54" with only 260 hours on it. Dealer had it for $3700. IMO this is a pretty good deal. I test drove it in the parking lot and eventially purchased it. Putting a JRCO rake and Accelerator bagger on it. If you search around, you may not have to get a walk behind if you really don't want one. Hope I made a good purchase. ;)