PDA

View Full Version : Pump problems

spcfoor
02-24-2006, 06:51 PM
I have a d30 pump and it won't pump any liquid. What could be some of the problems. I have put new diaphrams on it and it still won't.

K&L Landscaping
02-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Are any of the lines potentially clogged? Do you have any leaks at all? Sounds like the pump just will not prime. Hopefully it's something simple!

indyturf
02-24-2006, 07:31 PM
Did you check all of your shut-off valve's? I know I have left one closed before and wondered why it wasn't pumping!

K&L Landscaping
02-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Did you check all of your shut-off valve's? I know I have left one closed before and wondered why it wasn't pumping!
LOL!!!!!!!!! I thought I was the only idiot that had done that. I'm so glad I'm not alone! I was looking for the truck key's a few days ago only to discover they were in my pocket! WOW, I think I'm still a little young for that kind of stuff.

SodKing
02-24-2006, 08:09 PM
Check your hoses. I had a D30 also that wasn't pumping anything...replace the diaphragms...still nothing...cut into a hose when I decided to redo all the plumbing and there it was. The hose lining, (Braided hose) collapsed upon itself restricting the flow. looked normal from the outside....

indyturf
02-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Check your hoses. I had a D30 also that wasn't pumping anything...replace the diaphragms...still nothing...cut into a hose when I decided to redo all the plumbing and there it was. The hose lining, (Braided hose) collapsed upon itself restricting the flow. looked normal from the outside.... I think its a good idea to replace all the hoses from the pump every spring anyway. its just good cheap insurance!

brizine
02-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Make sure your inline filter is clean.

SodKing
02-24-2006, 09:26 PM
If there is no water going in then it can't go out...

Lawnmasters
02-25-2006, 05:47 PM
I have just finished working on a similar problem. The pump just started slowing down one day to a trickle. It would build pressure but no volume. The problem was trash sticking the check valves open just a little. If they don't close, it won't build enough pressure and little volume. I took the pump apart three times looking for the problem. Finally got it pumping. Works great now.

The factory did tell me to be sure that there wasnt something blocking the inlet side of the pump. They told me about a person who had an acorn stuck in the inlet side line, still let a little liquid through, but not enough. Tear it apart, see what's wrong and fix it.

Good Luck,

spcfoor
02-25-2006, 11:58 PM
I feel like an idiot. The only problem was I didn't have one of the valves open all the way. I opened it till it hit a little catch and stopped. Then I thought I would just double check and sure enough it wasn't opened:hammerhead: That is after I replaced the diaphragms.:cry: