PDA

View Full Version : question;lesco space saver

ant
02-24-2006, 08:42 PM
does any part of the sprayer hang over the truck bed .
i am looking into one to see if it will fit under my cap..
ant

crzymow
02-25-2006, 03:24 AM
i really dont think you will be able to fit it under your cap, i have sideboards on my truck that i have to take off, besides, how will you get your hose???

LawnTamer
02-25-2006, 04:20 AM
I picked up a new spacesaver today, I think it may be possible to wedge one under a cap on a full sized truck, but it wouldn't be possible to use it. You need access to the top for loading and mixing, you need acces to the top back and sides for adjusting the valves, and checking the filter. You need tons of access to the passenger side for the hose & engine. The reel ans motor hang over my top rail just a little bit on a full sized Chev 2500. If I shove it all the way towards the driver side it still just covers part of the side rail.

indyturf
02-25-2006, 02:46 PM
you may be able to fit a utility type of truck cap that has the side doors that open up. but it would be hard to get inside to fill and mix the fertilizer

Dallas Turf
02-25-2006, 03:16 PM
To fill such a setup you add a 2" bulkhead and valve and cam lock quick coupler near the top of the tank and fill with a pump from a tank on the ground. You can find used tote (pallet) tanks for about $50 and cut a larger hole in the top so you can mix in it and get a $200 pacer pump to recirculate the mix and pump into your spray truck.

crzymow
02-25-2006, 03:38 PM
be easier to take off the cap.

Runner
02-25-2006, 03:56 PM
LOL! Ahh,....yea.:) Also, the tank thing, with filling it from a different tank, and pumping it in...you would open up so much much more of a can of worms with the DOA with that, then what you alREADT have to contend with.

indyturf
02-25-2006, 03:57 PM
I think if I was going to put on a cap I would get a utility cap that has the doors that open on the sides, you could mount your hose reel, pump and motor in the compartment behind the door, and mount a 200gal tank in the front of your bed. you could probably put something like this together yourself for $1500, half of what the spacesaver will cost.

Dallas Turf
02-25-2006, 06:57 PM
be easier to take off the cap.

It is a pain to dump a bag of urea through a 6" hole. If you want to you can I prefer to open it up.

ant
02-25-2006, 11:51 PM
here is the cap i have http://www.leer.com/commercial/images/dcchirisesidedoor.jpg

indyturf
02-26-2006, 09:49 PM
here is the cap i have http://www.leer.com/commercial/images/dcchirisesidedoor.jpg
that looks like it would probably work!

James Cormier
02-27-2006, 02:48 PM
does any part of the sprayer hang over the truck bed .
i am looking into one to see if it will fit under my cap..
ant

Ant, you will not be able to put a cap over the space saver, unless you turn it the long way, then i guess its not really a space saver isn't it :)

When I had my caps on our spray trucks we built a pvc system inside that we just attached a garden hose to and it filled the tank very ASL. Although we never added fert, there still was enough room to pour weed control or other products into the tank.

James Cormier
02-27-2006, 02:59 PM
That is the same cap we have, the problem with the space saver is the tank on the drivers side, and the hose reel on the passenger side stick out too much and you will not be able to shut the side doors.

I had the 100gal tank mounted the same way, and I had to have my welder adjust where the reel was to be able to close the passenger side door.

ant
02-27-2006, 04:34 PM
thanks guys...
i know the 50 gal. unit will fit side ways with the doors closed.

allgreenlawncare
02-28-2006, 12:50 AM
We have 2 of the 200 gal space saver and I would not even think about putting a shell over it.

We have other trucks with 100 gal rigs mounted sideways most of them have camper shells and they are a pain in the A$$ to load..

Id say no to the shell if you need storage get a side rail tool box..

HERE IS ONE WE HAVE ON ANOTHER STRING

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=124165