PDA

View Full Version : Toro's Pricing

dirt digger
02-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Toro dealer gave me a price on a 32" Toro, T-bar, fixed deck, 15hp Kaw., gear driven, non-cash deal $2,900.00, and cash deal $2,500.00. Seems high to me. Any thoughts on the price? In addition, does anybody have an idea of a rough estimate on how much dealers mark up their commercial mowers?

Tider6972
02-24-2006, 09:35 PM
Sounds a bit high. You may want to look at the Gravely 34 with Pro Steer (very much like Toro's T Bar). It's deck height is easily adjustable unlike the Toro's.

WH Lawn Care
02-24-2006, 10:08 PM
I just bought a brand new Toro 36" WB, Fix Deck, Gear Drive, T-Bar, 15HP Kohler 2500.00

zmowing
02-24-2006, 10:16 PM
ask them to donate the mower to you because your nonprofit. I only mow to out of the house.

lonnie
02-25-2006, 12:25 AM
The new deck height on the gravely 34" is not like the J pin adjustments anymore. They went to the standard castor spacers. What a bad decision.

brucec32
02-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Hard to say much on Toro's pricing or anything about them, actually. They, like many corporations in their industry, don't have their act together when it comes to disseminating information on their equipment.

Go to Toro.com and look at their walkbehind midsize mower section. It's a complete mess. Some of the pages are literally scanned photos of copied pieces of an old brochure. And so far not a word about their new deck sizes. I have seen a 40" toro advertised on Ebay yet you can't get the scoop on what's available from the manufacturer themselves.

Toro should transfer a few folks over from Exmark to show them how it's done . But then, I think there is some sort of intra-company rivalry, since neither is sharing their best features with the other very quickly (t bar on exmark belt drives, ecs on toro hydros, etc)

The $2500 sounds fair to me. I have a near-identical Toro T bar 32" fixed deck that I paid $2600 for a few years back, yours has a more powerful 15hp kawi vs the 12.5 on mine. Remember that the T bar steering usually adds a few hundred to even a Toro, so don't compare it directly to pistol grip mowers in terms of price.

So I'll use this opportunity to ask....does anyone know the lineup of toro hydro and belt drive wb's for '06? Can one get a 40" floater with T bar steering?

brucec32
02-25-2006, 08:53 PM
The new deck height on the gravely 34" is not like the J pin adjustments anymore. They went to the standard castor spacers. What a bad decision.

Agreed! What a terrible decision. That would be one of the only reasons to choose that brand over some of the others with more established dealer networks. The 34" vs 36" is a plus, though.

I swear, sometimes I wonder if these decision makers and designers have ever cut anything besides their own lawns.

Flash to Gravely. We don't all live where you are. We cut at 1.5" and 4" on the same day. How are you gonna do that with caster spacers?