PDA

View Full Version : leaf removal

barefootlawns
02-24-2006, 10:17 PM
I have been asked to do a leaf removal job on a residential home about 6.5 hr work. I think $185.00 but then i think that is to much. The person that i am doing this has gotten me three yards and another leaf removal if i want it and it is about an 8 hr job. What is a good price for this since i have no cost to by self except employees? I usually charge $28 pr hr on other things.

mulcahy mowing
02-24-2006, 10:28 PM
6.5x50 i get $325 for that 6.5 hour job. sounds like your charging to little

samk
02-24-2006, 10:51 PM
sounds real light to me but i am not from Oklahoma

CLARK LAWN
02-24-2006, 10:53 PM
way to low 6.5 hours would be $250-$300

procut
02-24-2006, 10:55 PM
In my area that would be realitivly low. I would shoot for AT LEAST $40.00/hour when doing leaves.

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
02-24-2006, 11:38 PM
I have been asked to do a leaf removal job on a residential home about 6.5 hr work. I think $185.00 but then i think that is to much. The person that i am doing this has gotten me three yards and another leaf removal if i want it and it is about an 8 hr job. What is a good price for this since i have no cost to by self except employees? I usually charge $28 pr hr on other things.

I wasn't sure of what you were trying to say in part of this. Do you have to pay employees or not? At that price are you covering your costs and making a profit? You can never say that you there are no costs. There are always costs in doing business and every job needs to figure that into it whether they are mowing jobs, clean ups, hardscaping jobs, etc. I am not from your area or know your business expenses. If you can do it for that and make money I'd say go for it. I would also agree with the others and say that the rate could be a little low. JMO.

impactlandscaping
02-24-2006, 11:52 PM
If you are thinking $ 185.00 is too much for a leaf cleanup for 6.5 man hours, come over to the east coast. We average 3.5 times what you are charging per man hour. Go do it, get paid and feel good about it if it's enough to make it worth doing. You say no cost except employees? Are you paying taxes and comp on these employees, or are they buddies who help out on the weekends and such? Regions differ, for sure, but I don't know how you could make it on less than what you are going to charge him. Don't feel bad about it, or feel like he "deserves " something in return for the referrals.A simple thank you usually does the job.A referral is a compliment to you and your work, or it is someone telling their friends about the guy who is charging 50% of the local rates.:confused:

jtkplc
02-25-2006, 12:30 AM
Unless your area is different, you need to be charging more. I realize that your customer helped you out, but you still need to be fair to yourself.