PDA

View Full Version : Equipment/Insurance

Roadrunner1981
02-24-2006, 11:51 PM
What type of insurance policy do you all recommend for a business that's just starting up? Also, when do you use a string trimmer vs. when do you use an edger. Are there advantages for one or the other? I've only ever mowed and string trimmed in the past so I'm sorry if my question sounds totally ignorant:dizzy: but I am eager to learn about the business.

Thanks in advance. . .
RR

befnme
02-25-2006, 01:29 AM
What type of insurance policy do you all recommend for a business that's just starting up? Also, when do you use a string trimmer vs. when do you use an edger. Are there advantages for one or the other? I've only ever mowed and string trimmed in the past so I'm sorry if my question sounds totally ignorant:dizzy: but I am eager to learn about the business.

Thanks in advance. . .
RR

first off get atleast bare minimum 500,000.00 in gen liability, 1,000,000.00 if possible.
next commercial auto ,not just business use ins. there is a big difference.
then never use a string trimmer to edge with. i dont even condone the edgit attachment .why eat up all of that string when you can use an edger.

Green-Pro
02-25-2006, 01:57 AM
1 million general liability commercial insurance, commercial auto, inland marine for equipment(this should be part of your commercial insurance when your ins. man sets it up)

befnme
02-25-2006, 02:01 AM
1 million general liability commercial insurance, commercial auto, inland marine for equipment(this should be part of your commercial insurance when your ins. man sets it up)

yeh,,,mine has a tool floater on it. so i can add and subtract equipment as needed.

Roadrunner1981
02-25-2006, 01:06 PM
Cool--thanks for the advice.