PDA

View Full Version : better wand or gun

naughty62
02-25-2006, 09:17 AM
looking for a good siphon bottle wand and /or gun.dont tank glyphosate for lawn kill and the wand we got is older than dirt and siphon spray guns we got need to be stuck in some chinamans ear .It must have a % adjustment by volume and parts availability is an issue.The winner of this contest will receive a the complete set of ginsu knives ,that came with our current guns.old gun and wand work.but what a p.i.t.a..:walking:

ArizPestWeed
02-25-2006, 11:02 AM
looking for a good siphon bottle wand and /or gun.dont tank glyphosate for lawn kill and the wand we got is older than dirt and siphon spray guns we got need to be stuck in some chinamans ear .It must have a % adjustment by volume and parts availability is an issue.The winner of this contest will receive a the complete set of ginsu knives ,that came with our current guns.old gun and wand work.but what a p.i.t.a..:walking:
I have no idea what you are talking about

naughty62
02-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Lets put it this way.do they still make quality gun or wand that utilizes a screw on siphonbottle.you unscrew the bottle from the gun add chemical to be applied.screw bottle back on.On the gun thier is an adjuster screw with an arrow indicator.it numbered 1to8. if i set it on 5 while spraying it will mix the chemical at 5%chemical to 95% water and sticker.I am using a skid sprayer and 400 foot 1/2 hose .the pistol grip siphon sprayer is attached to hose via barbed nipple.the phoney sprayer is designed to screw on a garden hose.we are not allow to tank mix round up. if anybody has a better system ,Iwould be more than glad to kick it around .:walking:

Jason Rose
02-25-2006, 02:29 PM
I have never been able to FIND what you just described, and I have looked... Closest thing was some deal Lesco had but it was for applying wetting agents on putting greens and had a shower nozzle on it.

I even tried a couple of the homeowner type sprayers but they were not at all accurite enough for what I needed. I too wanted to avoid mixing a tank full of chemical all the time and then having to worry about using it all or running short and having to go back to the house to mix, I can get plain water a number of places if I need too. I found injector systems that sit with your tank and inject the chemical into the hose but they were horribly complex and EXPENSIVE. Plus it looked to me like you still had to mix the chemical with a small amount of water to get the ratio right.

If you find a hand gun that works that has a jug on it like that, let me know!

naughty62
02-25-2006, 10:17 PM
There is better mouse trap out there,Im gonna keep scratching. We do have a extra 200 skid but shortly after i mount it on a d350 the guy take it off to trailer or haul sod and block.A small 50 gallon ele.sprayer would be nice.got room on back of my truck,but by the time you mount a reel and and 300to 400ft. of hose I think bosses wallet would :walking: swell shout .thanks guys .keep scratching.