PDA

View Full Version : 52

DAZ982500
02-25-2006, 11:38 AM
I am going to look at 52" WB TORO TBAR belt drive $1800.Sales men states it is 8yrs old first 2yrs it was in a crate.Then it was a demo and only used as a fill in when commercial cutter came in and needed a mower while theres was being serviced.First, this will be an upgrade from 36" and 44".I will be selling the 44 and 52 would replace.I am wondering about how well these machines cut,handle.What do you that have them typically use them on ,i.e. 1/2-2 acres areas open, hilly residential??The machine has a 14hp Kohler I thought this was a small motor for a 52" deck he claims Kohlers have more torque than kawi.T/F?How about price yes/no why!Thanks Dave

sjessen
02-25-2006, 11:50 AM
I have owned several different Toro mowers in 36, 44 and 52 inch sizes. You can make that unit work but it will probably be underpwered especially you plan to do any mulching, leaves,etc. The cut is going to similar to what you are using now. I am assuming this has an sfs deck. Does it have the bullnose on the front? If not, expect a lot of blowout and the deck is not as strong. The 52 inch deck is not that much heavier so handlng should be similar to the 44. The price may be fair if it has not been used much. I was thinking $1500 for it. Check ebay for comparisons. Also, I would much prefer a hydro over a gear drive. Hope that helps.

DAZ982500
02-25-2006, 12:10 PM
I am not sure of the deck,I have not actually looked at then mower it is in a warehouse.Hopefully this week sometime I will take a look at it.I think this motor is to small the a deck this size and I will use it for fall cleanups as I did with 44" which had a 15 kawi on it.Does this handle hills well?I have one property were there is a 35-40 deg incline how well will it perform here.Dave

wissel_landscaping
02-25-2006, 01:04 PM
for abelt drive the price i think is way high, i know a guy who just bought a belt drive 52 toro for $700. i just bought a bunton 52 hydro 16hp vangaurd with grass gobbler and 2x velky for $1,800

talonracn49
10-18-2006, 12:50 AM
I run that exact mower, with the exception of the kohler, mine has a 17 hp Kawi.

I have never run into any problems with the 17, and really would go for more than the 14 if you can.

The T-bar is awesome for all day cutting, and the belt drive just plain works. I usually run on the third gear when I am cutting, and that is a comfortable walking speed.

I get a great cut with the mower, and have had no problems out of it. I bought it used last year and wont part with it even though I just got a Z.

The weak point with any walkbehind is the hills, but once you learn just how to crab it across them, you will do fine.

By the way, I paid 1400 for mine and consider it a steal.