PDA

View Full Version : Buying a walk behind

Flyerwillmow4u
02-25-2006, 12:39 PM
I have a small business in the Little Rock area and i am looking at getting my first commercial contract. The homes i will be cutting want me to cut the lawns with a push mower...so the rider is out. I have been looking at walk behinds the last few days. There is a dealer here that has a Gravely 34 G that i can get brand new for $1999. I have not seen the ExMarks yet, but i will on Mon at WestRock. I don't have alot of money, yet, to invest on this mower, but i don't want to get a cheap one either. I can get the same model in a 36 for 2499. I can't get to big because it will not fit in the gates of the homes. I have a few questions. First is there anyone in this area that may have a used one? Should i buy used or try and go with new? What ever i buy, what do you all recomend? Again, this is my first real mower and i don't have alot of money to spend on it. Also, if there is anyone in this area...i need a trailer as the one i have will be to small for all the equipment. Thanks guys!

Scott

jtkplc
02-25-2006, 12:52 PM
I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the commercial walk-behinds. They are all built well and for the most part use the the same engine options and I believe the same components as well.

Demo a few, if possible, and look for quality dealer service and what you like best for the best price. They should all be pretty closely priced.

LLandscaping
02-25-2006, 03:23 PM
If most of your properties have gate a 36" or smaller will be what you need. Look at your local commercial equipment dealer for brands, I would recommend a Toro T-bar belt-drive because that is what we started with and it is easy to operate. If you have the extra money to spend get the hydro but a belt-drive is about $800 to a $1000 cheaper.

mcwlandscaping
02-25-2006, 03:31 PM
eXmark Metro 36" for $2699 here, thats belt drive, the ECS control system is great on them.