PDA

View Full Version : 2 teams this year! woohoO!

bigjeeping
02-25-2006, 01:30 PM
ill be running 2, 2man teams this year.

So far here's my trailer setup: (which is where my problem is)

Trailer 1:
Lazer HP
21" cubcadet
Husqvarna trimmer
Stihl Blower

Trailer 2:
Should I buy another Z or use a WB?
21" cubcadet
Stihl Trimmer
Stihl Blower

The edger will float between the trailers depending on who's route is being edged that day.

My thoughts are that trailer 2 will mainly hit smaller sized lawns. So I'm thinking about a 36" wb Does anyone out there have just a 36 they use? How does a 36 do with a sulkly?
What mower do you recommend for trailer 2?

TTHP 36" = $4899
Don't know anything about the CT models but the Lazer CT 44" is only $4999

mcwlandscaping
02-25-2006, 01:44 PM
Lazer Z CT is a homeowner model, if your looking for a small Z either go with a smaller deck sized Lazer Z HP or the new Phazer.

I run a 48" wb and a 21" wb for my props.

bigjeeping
02-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Lazer Z CT is a homeowner model

how so? Im looking at exmark 2006 catalog right now and it doesnt look very home ownerish to me?

mcwlandscaping
02-25-2006, 02:03 PM
I don't know exactly, just what ive learned on here. Post a question about that in the eXmark section, you will get the real answer about the CT there, ive just heard on here and from eXmark that it is not for real commercial use. Thats what the HP and the new Phazer are for.

newz7151
02-25-2006, 02:45 PM
I would say that since trailer 2 is going to be your small property yard, if you can afford it, stick the 34" Phazer on there when it is available. That will give you the increased productivity over a walk behind, and at the same time give you a 34" deck that you can likely fit through any gate you run up on.

And I believe the Lazer CT, while aimed at large estate and residential users, still comes with a 2 year commercial warranty... Wonder how long those Cub Cadets from Home Depot that I have seen advertised on TV as being "The Best" carry on their commercial warranty? I swear.. I see those commercials and want to file suit for false advertisement.

mulcahy mowing
02-25-2006, 02:47 PM
the ct is not for commercial use but. It is still far far ahead of any other non commercial z's. I use a 36" if you put a sulky on it it'll be fine. unless your on a hill i would put the front weights on it.

P & L Turf
02-25-2006, 02:55 PM
I'd go with the walk-behind for the second truck. As far as the sulky goes, make sure the mower has a good sized motor. I'd try to locate another edger for the other crew. You don't want to get stuck without one for to long in case the other one breaks down or the other truck leaves with it the day that the other crew needs it. If you're doing all small yards with the second crew I'd let them get the excerise for the first year and then decide on the sulky. Personaly I feel they get in the way on the small jobs.

bigjeeping
02-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Wow didn't know about the phazer. Someone said it isn't availible yet? Is is commericial grade?

Looks like it will probably be the phazer or a 36" w/b!

mulcahy mowing
02-25-2006, 04:03 PM
They should be at your dealer or making they're way there, And yes it is commercial grade.