PDA

View Full Version : Mini creta wall...????

FIREMAN
04-19-2001, 10:00 PM
My question is as follows, a mini creta wall approximately 500sq. face ft. with about half one height and the other half in a three tiered deisgn(I know it's hard to imagine).Am i going to price myself out of the running going in at about 25-27 dollars per face ft.???...The tiers would make the project just that much better, but will be extra work, base prep ,stone, contours...any thoughts???

steveair
04-19-2001, 10:49 PM
Hello,

That sounds very fair to me. As I recall, mini-creta cost me around $11/face foot last year. Also, not sure if you are capping, (I'd imagine you are) but that runs around 5.00 a linear foot.

I know guys getting the same prices you are talking about and that is for versa-lok, which is much cheaper in terms of materials.

Not sure how complex this 'tiering' is, but if it is pretty complicated, then your price may be too low. Also, have no idea of site conditions, accessibility, the type of clients, and so on and so on...

steveair

[Edited by steveair on 04-19-2001 at 10:57 PM]

FIREMAN
04-19-2001, 11:06 PM
To explain variables, clients are those once in as lifetime too easy types(so I'll be sure to have a contract before starting any work) just in case they turn out to be something else). site conditions are..existing wall failing in every way made of what looks like bluestone 3/4 to 1 inch thick irregulars. Access is not an issue all work in front yard, delivery truck can place all materials where needed to install with out need for moving pallets. price of 25 per face foot does not include removal of old wall which is yet to be determined. I do have a job I could use it for but am unsure of it's integrity, if it's crumbling I don't want it if not I'll recycle it.

Stonehenge
04-20-2001, 11:06 AM
I'd have to see the project to be sure, but the prices seem very fair, maybe even a shade low. But that's going without much info.