PDA

View Full Version : cleanups this week??

lawncare18
02-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Heading into the first week of march here...looking out the window at some very very heavy lake effect snow.. I know cleanups wont begin here for another month atleast... Anyone out there starting cleanups and mulching this week? and if so whats your location..

ICE
02-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Already started out on my lawn today. Nice and 40 degrees out, a little windy down here, but decent.

rodfather
02-25-2006, 05:18 PM
here in NJ I am still in the planning stage

prizeprop
02-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Looking at a March 15th start if weather cooperates. I need about three weeks to complete cleanups and mulch before grass needs cutting.

old dog 80
02-25-2006, 09:04 PM
If you start too early,all the neighbors leaves trash your places again.But I have to admit I am getting antsy.We are doing some trim work we could not squeeze in before early winter last year.And there is always prep work on equipment
sales,and marketing.Gotta take a few days and play before crazy time hits.

gardenkeeper88
02-26-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm looking at starting on the 1st if weather co-ops. just need the nights to stay a little warmer. Time to get some payup coming in. Snow sure didn't this year. Haven't plowed since DEC. We usually start on an ave. around March 10-15.

FL&G
02-26-2006, 05:01 PM
What do ya know it's heading into the first week of March here too.+

Hoping to start on the first. Clean ups only. I'm not sure my supplier even has mulch in stock yet.

chefdrp
02-26-2006, 05:10 PM
I hope to start some clan ups this coming week.We were supposed to get a big snow event but it didn't happen. I am glad. I want to start work real soon.

Jpocket
02-26-2006, 06:57 PM
here in NJ I am still in the planning stage

Exactly.....

Jpocket
02-26-2006, 07:00 PM
I've got atleast a weeks worth of work to do on the trucks and equipment, getting stuff ready to move. I don't expect to do anything heavy until late March...

I hate it when I put equipment up in the fall that needs little things done. Ideally when Spring comes around I like to start everything up and just go. Not the case this year. It seems like Leaf saeson makes somethings just fall apart.

J&R Landscaping
02-26-2006, 07:28 PM
I was out cleaning up my yard about a month ago when it was warm out. Now, with all the wind and the nor-easter we got, it looks like it didn't do much though I am a bit ahead. I will be out working on my property and equipment in the next couple weeks. I hope to be starting customer jobs by the end of March if the weather co-ops. The weather around me has been crazy all week. Saturday, it toped out at 54*. Today it didn't get above 32*.
Once the weather stays a bit more consistent , I will break out and get everything going hot and heavy again! I'm really anxicous!

M RASCOE&SONS
02-26-2006, 07:53 PM
im going stir crazy but we have another few wks before we can start.

Turfdude
02-26-2006, 07:54 PM
will start my lime apps this week, have a few odds -n-ends, 2 mornings of 3b classes (finished core & 3a last week), bringing 4 guys back March 6, then more guys to follow in next 2 weeks