PDA

View Full Version : new Exmark Triton mower deck 6"?

Ramairfreak98ss
02-25-2006, 03:48 PM
my gawd its huge! Its so strong looking it makes my 61" deck on my Ferris look like childsplay, feels heavy just from trying to lift it too, but take that with a grain of salt.

Is there any advantage to using such a deep deck i mean why would you need 6"?

CutRight
02-25-2006, 03:52 PM
the deep deck is supposedly to prevent any clogging at all in the deck. supposedly you could cut deep grass in the rain and it wont clog. saw some other post on here about a guy that saw a demo

jtkplc
02-25-2006, 05:55 PM
It's only a 1/2 inch deeper than several decks on the market. You make it sound like it's a huge jump. It is a "high capacity deck", so the deeper it is, the more grass it can run through it.

nobagger
02-25-2006, 06:03 PM
It's only a 1/2 inch deeper than several decks on the market. You make it sound like it's a huge jump. It is a "high capacity deck", so the deeper it is, the more grass it can run through it.
Yeah, their other decks like the Tri Advantage's and Ultrs Decks are 5.5" I don't know if a half inch is going to be a huge difference.:confused:

old dog 80
02-25-2006, 06:04 PM
It also has adjustable baffles and front for varying conditions and ultra high lift blades for wet conditions.The blade design prevents bolt head rounding.
They have anti tightening features to prevent blade bolt self tightening!
I called the dealer and said "show me one"

John Gamba
02-25-2006, 06:07 PM
It also has adjustable baffles and front for varying conditions and ultra high lift blades for wet conditions.The blade design prevents bolt head rounding.
They have anti tightening features to prevent blade bolt self tightening!
I called the dealer and said "show me one"

Smart Move :clapping:

old dog 80
02-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Smart Move :clapping:
I have a 3 yr old 52 Lazer Z with a 27 hp Kohler.In heavy or wet conditions the 17 hp 48" walk behinds disperse clippings better than it does.Everything I see
about the Triton seems to adress all the weak points.Time to see one up close and personal like!

John Gamba
02-25-2006, 07:16 PM
[QUOTE=old dog 80]I have a 3 yr old 52 Lazer Z with a 27 hp Kohler.In heavy or wet conditions the 17 hp 48" walk behinds disperse clippings better than it does.

QUOTE]

Cut slower with the rider. You will go faster with the rider then a walk:)

newblade
04-04-2007, 12:15 AM
How deep is the ferris deck and what kind of quality?

Ramairfreak98ss
04-04-2007, 11:01 AM
How deep is the ferris deck and what kind of quality?

i think their 4-5", i forget what mine is really :p cut quality is good, id say its not so good with mulching blades. I have gator blades on most of last year and with thicker grass, the suction isnt so good without high lifts and it leaves marks where the front tires rolled over the high grass :confused:

FINN
04-06-2007, 07:32 PM
i think their 4-5", i forget what mine is really :p cut quality is good, id say its not so good with mulching blades. I have gator blades on most of last year and with thicker grass, the suction isnt so good without high lifts and it leaves marks where the front tires rolled over the high grass :confused:

What year is your Ferris?

Richard Martin
04-07-2007, 07:02 AM
There were a bunch of posts on the Triton and the general lack of satisfaction among those who have bought it. My local dealer tries to steer people away from it and only has the UltraCut in stock. Although I don't have one or even tried one my feeling is that the deck is too deep. You can get to a point where there is just too much air (space) above the blades and the fan action of the blades can't move the grass out until the grass drops back down from the top of the deck. Most of the problems I've heard were with the decks inability to move large volumes of grass.

naturescape
04-07-2007, 11:33 AM
There were a bunch of posts on the Triton and the general lack of satisfaction among those who have bought it. My local dealer tries to steer people away from it and only has the UltraCut in stock. Although I don't have one or even tried one my feeling is that the deck is too deep. You can get to a point where there is just too much air (space) above the blades and the fan action of the blades can't move the grass out until the grass drops back down from the top of the deck. Most of the problems I've heard were with the decks inability to move large volumes of grass.

Supposedly Exmark was going to work on fixing these problems, not sure if we're far enough into the season for northern grasses to know yet.

The deck sounds great to me in theory, I've seen it up close and it's beautiful. I can't see it NOT working........