PDA

View Full Version : Challenges for 2006

rodfather
02-25-2006, 05:22 PM
For you and your business, what issues and challenges await you in 06?

For me, it is business direction. I am the type who is constantly thinking about how to make my company better.

vanguard
02-25-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm not wanting to, or able to "do it all myself" this year, but not thrilled about being an employer either. :hammerhead:

BSDeality
02-25-2006, 07:08 PM
count me in for Business Direction also, its such a large subject. Currently I'm only looking to expand my mowing accounts just to fill up one more day, part of me says its easy, routine and dependable work. The other half says my time could be much better invested in projects and other services. I'm also at the point where I have too many services that need to be done at the end of the week, so I'm on the look out for a PT helper to ease up the work crunch, but then do I want to expand by say 100% to keep the guy busy two days a week, but that would also mean purchasing another truck for the help..... OH THE JOYS OF BUSINESS!

jsf343
02-25-2006, 07:44 PM
When I looked at the poll and was trying to figure out what the heck to vote for I wanted to mark "all the above" to bad there wasn't one. I agree with each of the previous 3 posters on "issues" for this year. I guess thats the biggest reason we each are here doing what we do, growing a business through the good and bad, and enjoying (hopefully) the fruits of our labor.
I for one would way rather be my own boss and pave my own path! I could go on and on but will not. I wish each of you the very best this year!! may we all be successful! :weightlifter: Jeff
Ps. I will choose employees as my biggest challenge

gabfer
02-25-2006, 10:53 PM
:gmctruck:

Green-Pro
02-25-2006, 11:28 PM
For you and your business, what issues and challenges await you in 06?

For me, it is business direction. I am the type who is constantly thinking about how to make my company better.

Equipment acquisition for me. We have a pretty good blueprint we are following as related to business direction, but as you mentioned RF I also am always looking at and trying to refine focus to a sharp point.
we started expanding into hardscapes last fall and the trend looks to continue and become a large area of growth for us this year. I am now weighing the pros and cons of purchasing a skid steer. Lawn maintenance continues to grow especially in the fert & squirt areas, and full property maintenance, so we will be thinking/looking at adding a used truck and another trailer.

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
02-25-2006, 11:45 PM
I am facing many of these. It all is a part of the wonderful world of growing your biz. Sometimes I don't know whether to :) or :cry: or :dizzy: or :laugh:

jsf343
02-26-2006, 02:40 AM
Ha ha ha ha!!! gabfer, how in the world did you pull that off?? too funny

kyles974
02-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Like any other year, companies working for free!

The Cowboy
02-27-2006, 03:43 PM
My biggest challenge is trying to expand my market gardening profits to compete with the net profit of my landscaping company. For some folks that won't be a challenge because they break even either way. For me, it will. I netted about 25 percent profit last year with the landscaping. Who knows I might be able to meld both operations into a symbiotic relationship. This year will also be my first year in partnership with a friend in the produce industry. I figured it will be better to make my mistakes with a 1 year partnership, than to do it with the landscape business. At least I am not dependent on crops for my livelihood (yet).

Lux Lawn
03-06-2006, 01:14 PM
I voted for workload,because I would like to increase the my maintenance from one full time cutting crew to possibly two.I know that that would be a big step in one year and I'm not even looking to fill a second route full time maybe 2-3 days a week this year...then full time next year.

olderthandirt
03-06-2006, 01:24 PM
I want to start a cple. new business venture that requires less work and still provide an income.