PDA

View Full Version : Who's using a switch-n-go mini rolloff

echovalley
02-25-2006, 05:34 PM
What truck do you have it on?How many containers due you have,is it holding up to commercial use.Going to look at a new Fuso on Mon. it has the 15k unit on it $42new and its 18kgvw
want about 8 containers.priced a new hook lift about 65K+

SLSNursery
02-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Tony - we have a Stellar hook on and Isuzu NQR. It works out great, but it costs a lot more than the Switch-n-go. I also have a conventional roll-off on a ten wheeler. Believe it or not the smaller cans can go on either truck, which makes it really convenient.

I do have a tenant with a Switch-n-go on a F-550. I'm sure you could come and check it out if you wanted to, and ask him any questions. He seems to like it, and as far as I know he put it on himself. The cans seem a little bit lighter than mine. Of course I get pretty much the heaviest duty ones possible, which I have been pleased with. Sure we lose a little bit on weight, but the durability, for switching between applications is great. The lighter cans with wider spacing on the framework show their age a lot quicker than heavier ones.

Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with Shawn (my tenant) to look at his set up and his bodies.

BTW, we are having our normal Spring open house on March 22 (lunch time)

AintNoFun
02-26-2006, 01:40 PM
i just bought a used petebilt with an american hooklift on it. we only have one container and a flatbed that the hydroseeders mounted to. i love the truck and plan on ordering at least 3 more containers..

Gravel Rat
02-26-2006, 01:43 PM
A conventional rail system is easy to build you can have one built heavier and better than that one. The Switch and Go is more like a dead lift system but your stuck with those boxes with the snipe on the front of them.

You are on the right track looking at a reeving type hoist over a hooklift which is not that great.