PDA

View Full Version : Spreaders

Ollie3
02-25-2006, 07:00 PM
:waving: I am in the market for a heavy-duty spreader. I have a Lesco push spreader, but now I need something that is motorized. I was looking at PermaGreen's Ride on Magnum, but I also like the Z-Spray Max. I am looking for suggestions as to which is the better product and which one will last the longest with least ammount of down-time. :walking:

Ollie

sclawndr
02-25-2006, 07:28 PM
You should also consider the Time Machine and/or the Turf Tracker from C & S Turf Equipment in Canton, Ohio.

Green-Pro
02-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Do a search in this forum on Z Spray, you will not find nary a bad thing said about them. I just bought & picked up a Z Spray Junior, I haven't actually used it yet but expect to in a couple of weeks or so for my pre- emergence applications. I looked at the PG and the Z at the Louisville Expo last fall and IMO the Z was the better machine. I also asked some guys on this board how their experience with them has been, again no complaints from anybody. PG makes a good machine, don't get me wrong, but if you don't mind ponying up with the extra dough I give the Z the edge.
On a side note Tom Rich and his staff run an impressive operation and are very friendly/customer oriented IMO this translates into outstanding customer service.

Ollie3
02-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Thanks, I'm leaning towards the Z-Spray Machine. It's looks like a great piece and I'm going to give them a call on Monday. Thanks for your professional input. The PG I feel without talking to a rep from Z-Spray, will cost about $600-$800, or more per unit.

Ollie

indyturf
02-25-2006, 10:02 PM
I have a pg magnium, they are great for lawns 5000k -2ac. if you have larger properties the Zspray would be the better choice. the Z is the better built of the two, but the PG magnium had some major improvements over the previous models. one of the things I like about the PG is it very easy to transport and l dont need a trailer to carry it!

Russ
02-26-2006, 09:30 AM
I've used a Z for almost 2 years not and NOT ONE REPAIR. That means a lot to me. Plus when you need some advice (like where to start calibration on a special product like Dylox), a real person who uses the machine is one phone call away with great advice cause he uses the machine too. The only complaint I've got is that I didn't buy the machine sooner.

lawn king
02-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Lesco hp's here, very little down time, simple to repair!

lawnservice
02-26-2006, 02:11 PM
I have a pg magnium, they are great for lawns 5000k -2ac. if you have larger properties the Zspray would be the better choice. the Z is the better built of the two, but the PG magnium had some major improvements over the previous models. one of the things I like about the PG is it very easy to transport and l dont need a trailer to carry it!
yeah, but wait till you need to replace the recoil spring. A ten minute job that PG has caused to be an all day afair. You'll need to pull the motor.
very poor planning on their part....but what else is new?

TJLANDS
02-27-2006, 01:37 PM
I've used a Z for almost 2 years not and NOT ONE REPAIR. That means a lot to me. Plus when you need some advice (like where to start calibration on a special product like Dylox), a real person who uses the machine is one phone call away with great advice cause he uses the machine too. The only complaint I've got is that I didn't buy the machine sooner.
Do you use it for spraying and fert at the same time, also how many hours are you talking without a repair. I run the PG_ultras and probably go thru 400-$500 per year in maintenance and small repairs, pumps batteries, cables etc.
That is each one

James Cormier
02-27-2006, 02:44 PM
yeah, but wait till you need to replace the recoil spring. A ten minute job that PG has caused to be an all day afair. You'll need to pull the motor.
very poor planning on their part....but what else is new?

I see things havent changed much:laugh:

kyles974
02-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Spyker speaders are the best period.:clapping:

TJLANDS
02-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Spyker speaders are the best period.:clapping:
Sure they are good if you like to walk. The only time we use manual spreaders now is in the winter with ice melt.