PDA

View Full Version : Spreader

EID
02-25-2006, 07:13 PM
If money was not an issue, what w/b Fert. and Seed spreader would you purchase?

Metro Lawn
02-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Lesco - time tested, old faithful

lawnspecialties
02-25-2006, 07:30 PM
I bought a Lesco at a pawn shop for $50. :dancing: It broadcasts and has the drop spreader as well. The Lesco dealer said it sold for over $400 since it had that option. They had no record of its serial number. If I lost it tomorrow, I'd go buy another in a minute.

rider
02-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Lesco. Don't let those naysayers who say it throws heavy to one side sway you. They simple are not bright enough to know how to properly calibrate a spreader.

Jason Rose
02-25-2006, 10:33 PM
LESCO. THey have narrowed the choices too one model now.. They dropped the epoxy coated steel frame model and now offer the stainless only. Fine by me... I have a steel frame one and it's rusting, I hit it with paint every now and again to try to keep the bare matal covered.

As for the people that will invarible come along and say the spread pattern is off... Well yes, they all spread in a 10 to 3 or 4 o'clock pattern. Visually yes, it looks like it's uneven, but the truth is that it's spreading the same amount on each side. I have used mine for years and I go straight up and back, not in circles and I never get stripes. The only time I do get stripes is if I am STUPID and forget to clean the impeller off once in a while!

There is really no calibration on the spreader to make it spread visiually even, and frankly, if it did spread exactly 9 to 3 it would then be unevenly distributed, more would be spread on the left side.