PDA

View Full Version : Application Question????

msuturfgrad
02-25-2006, 07:28 PM
I Have A Question For You Guys? I Am Pre-m Next Week And Some Of My Yards Have A Few Broadleaves That Only Need Spot Sprayed. Do You Spot Spray Bleaves First To Avoid Walking Through Yard After Pre-m Or Do You Pre-m First And Spot Spray Last To Avoid Washing Herbicide Off Leaf Of Bleaves? I Am A Rookie At This Yard Care So Gimmie A Break If This Doesn't Make Sense. And Yes I Have My Licence B/c I Know Someone Will Ask:) . Thanks

MudslinginFX4
02-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Spray first and then do the pre-m.

ArizPestWeed
02-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Spray first and then do the pre-m.
You got is backwards

indyturf
02-25-2006, 09:07 PM
I have a spray bottle mounted on my spreader and if I see a weed that needs sprayed I stop and spray it while I'm there, saves a trip back across the lawn!

stumper1620
02-25-2006, 09:08 PM
if you are just gonna spot spray I would do it first, If you are going to apply broad leaf controls on the whole thing do a tank mix of the pre-m and broad all in one app.

stumper1620
02-25-2006, 09:12 PM
delete.........

sweetjetskier
02-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Is it just me or this question something that should be answered by common sense. In Ct you need to really know your stuff regarding applications. Asking if you spray first or apply dry material first seems pretty basic. Do your customers know you have limited knowledge of applying pesticides? In hte last 15 years in CT i have seen the worst of the worst in regards to new applicators with no knowledge of turf of plants making a huge and expensive mess of properties. My 2 cents.

ArizPestWeed
02-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Is it just me or this question something that should be answered by common sense. In Ct you need to really know your stuff regarding applications. Asking if you spray first or apply dry material first seems pretty basic. Do your customers know you have limited knowledge of applying pesticides? In hte last 15 years in CT i have seen the worst of the worst in regards to new applicators with no knowledge of turf of plants making a huge and expensive mess of properties. My 2 cents.
You are right . it's common sense , a no brainer , and look at the answers that followed , OMG

msuturfgrad
02-25-2006, 09:50 PM
I knew I would get some smart butt answers when I asked this. I was trying to find out the most efficient and best way to do this. And by the way I use liquid pre-m not granular. If some of you really knew what you were talking about you would know that you can get a lot better results out of a liquid app of pre-m. I am sorry I asked a simple question on here. I thought that was what a talk forum was for. just my 2 CENTS.

ArizPestWeed
02-25-2006, 10:23 PM
I knew I would get some smart butt answers when I asked this. I was trying to find out the most efficient and best way to do this. And by the way I use liquid pre-m not granular. If some of you really knew what you were talking about you would know that you can get a lot better results out of a liquid app of pre-m. I am sorry I asked a simple question on here. I thought that was what a talk forum was for. just my 2 CENTS.
If I understand the question ,the answer is obvious .
If you sprayed the weed and then sprayed the entire yard with pre em , you would wash the 'cide off the weed you just sprayed .
Can you see that ????

ant
02-25-2006, 10:37 PM
I Am A Rookie At This Yard Care So Gimmie A Break If This Doesn't Make Sense. And Yes I Have My Licence B/c I Know Someone Will Ask:) . Thanks
u learn by asking..i though it was a good question..

anyway we apply the granular pre-m and get an eye were the weeds are and then go back and spot spray them.

msuturfgrad
02-25-2006, 11:18 PM
Thanks ant, for using this site for what it was intended to be used for.I didn't think this question was that big of a deal. I just wanted to find out if you guys spot sprayed a few days in advance to avoid tracking up the pre-m app. bmw guy thanks for all of your GREAT HELP!!! Thanks again ant!!

timturf
02-26-2006, 12:47 AM

If some of you really knew what you were talking about you would know that you can get a lot better results out of a liquid app of pre-m.
I don't know if i would agree with that statement. If the products are properly applied, and the granular receives enough water before crab or goose germinates, then both will give same results, assuming you are using the same chemical, one as a liquid, and the other ao a granular carrier

msuturfgrad
02-26-2006, 08:44 AM
I agree timturf. All of my yards are 2000-8000 ft2 so I feel like I can do a much better job getting in tight areas by applying liquid pre-m. Whatever you've had best results with keep it up. If you've been a super for 20 years you have found your best way to do it anyway. Thanks for the input.

tdf
02-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Put down the pre-m first then the weed control. You don't want to wash the herbicide off of the weeds.

I think that you can say something about the fact that instead of just running out and putting the stuff out without knowing, he is making sure he has the procedure right.

If all someone gets when they ask a question is crap from people instead of answers, then next time they may just go out and put the stuff out without finding out first which will ultimately hurt the industry and potentially make your life harder.

Why do some of you guys look at this forum only as a way to let everyone else know that you are smarter and better than they are instead of being helpful? If you are not answering the question posted, what is the purpose of you responding? His question wasn't - Hey guys ,can any of you tell me how stupid I am and how all mighty you are? I am always confused when the answer to a question is the Are you licensed? reply. Even if they are not licensed, they are still going to put out the chemicals.

If someone puts out chemicals( with or without a license) wrong it could hurt everyone of us in this industry.

Just my 2 cents

ArizPestWeed
02-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Put down the pre-m first then the weed control. You don't want to wash the herbicide off of the weeds.

I think that you can say something about the fact that instead of just running out and putting the stuff out without knowing, he is making sure he has the procedure right.

If all someone gets when they ask a question is crap from people instead of answers, then next time they may just go out and put the stuff out without finding out first which will ultimately hurt the industry and potentially make your life harder.

Why do some of you guys look at this forum only as a way to let everyone else know that you are smarter and better than they are instead of being helpful? If you are not answering the question posted, what is the purpose of you responding? His question wasn't - Hey guys ,can any of you tell me how stupid I am and how all mighty you are? I am always confused when the answer to a question is the Are you licensed? reply. Even if they are not licensed, they are still going to put out the chemicals.

If someone puts out chemicals( with or without a license) wrong it could hurt everyone of us in this industry.

Just my 2 cents

This was a silly questiom , one that he would of figured out when he did it with no harm to anyone if he did it wrong.
They should not come here for ALL advice , they should learn to think for them selves on some things like this one .
If you don't put SOME pressure , they won't have a drive to figure it out for them selves , got it?

sweetjetskier
02-26-2006, 05:28 PM
In response to using liquid pre m, we used it our first season. It worked fine, but was to much of pain to mix, find water and the smell was not very pleasant. Most of our properties are over 30 k, and are in not in the city so water is not very easy to come by as customers are on wells. We now use only granular fertilizers, easier applications, storage, and can work longer because of not having to fill the spray tank.

With over fifteen years experience and a degree in horticulture and turf i have seen and asked a lot of questions. That is a great way to learn and network also. that helps us in expanding professoinalism to lawn care.