PDA

View Full Version : What is the longest amount of time spent mowing on a Z?

South Florida Lawns
02-25-2006, 09:39 PM
without stopping or shutting off the mower.

How many consecutive hours have you mowed on a Z?

I just spent today mowing a field for 4 hrs straight.

I have no idea how many total acres I mowed but his total prop is 23.

I sure got a lot of acreage covered in those 4 hrs using my 05 Toro Z Master.

Best of all no trimming at all because they use gallons of roundup.

I had a blast and made decent $$ too. Wide area mowing is fun.

lawnmaniac883
02-25-2006, 09:43 PM
3 1/2 hours was my max...not wide area mowing though, lots of trees and the like.

jtkplc
02-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Not with a Z, but with a 50" Simplicity rider my first couple years mowing 4 softball fields. I was 13 or 14 at the time and would sometimes get the entire place done in one day, so that was about 6 hours of mowing the fields and surrounds to the complex. On a 60" Z that is about 2.5-2.75 hours of mowing.

mulcahy mowing
02-25-2006, 09:59 PM
3 hours mowing a house. that grass was tall:dizzy:

meets1
02-25-2006, 10:05 PM
six hours - a few miles of a bike trail, alot of trees, evergreens & park benches

zero_turn_mowers
02-25-2006, 10:19 PM
4 Hours here, That is long enough.

Tim

twj721
02-25-2006, 11:44 PM
About 4.0 hrs and that was really too long but was trying to finish property before dark

mcwlandscaping
02-25-2006, 11:47 PM
I wish i had a Z!!

Mowingman
02-26-2006, 08:42 AM
Just over 4 hours, never getting off the whole time. Started mowing one night at 9:00PM, and finished a little after 1:00AM. It was at a large municipal sewage treatment facility, and I mowed at night to avoid the 100 degree daytime temps. My knees and hips were so stiff I could hardly walk for a few minutes after I finished.

indy2tall
02-26-2006, 08:50 AM
without stopping or shutting off the mower.

How many consecutive hours have you mowed on a Z?

The longest I have gone is a couple hours but I mowed about 70 acres! I must admit however it took me several years to work out all the bugs on mounting an 8 foot mulching deck under my Camaro Z(28).:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

ECS
02-26-2006, 10:10 AM
4 1/2 hrs at a condo complex with trees & gardens everywhere.

Woody82986
02-26-2006, 10:54 AM
I have spent over 7.5 hours mowing without stoping before. Well, I had to stop once because the mower died and I had to switch gas tanks. Other than that it was straight mowing.

Runner
02-26-2006, 11:41 AM
I think about 6 hours...It was back when we cut down Kearsley Park. The mayor and city was just going to let it go, and I joined into this volunteer effort to clean it up and take it back for the community. I was asked if I could come help on this Sunday and perhaps donate some time and services. Well, I went over and looked at it, and thee was no way they were going to do that on a Sunday. It was 66 acres of ivergrown field, basically. It was about 3 weeks away from the cleanup day, so I just dug in. Everyday after work, I would go over there and cut some more. I was working my other job at the time (loss prevention for Kroger of Michigan), and has vacation time...SO, I spent my vacation down in the park cutting and mowing. There were some Looong days down there!:) Anyway, we ended up getting it all cut, and the Sunday that everyone showed up and did the cleanup was a success.

South Florida Lawns
02-26-2006, 12:10 PM
I think about 6 hours...It was back when we cut down Kearsley Park. The mayor and city was just going to let it go, and I joined into this volunteer effort to clean it up and take it back for the community. I was asked if I could come help on this Sunday and perhaps donate some time and services. Well, I went over and looked at it, and thee was no way they were going to do that on a Sunday. It was 66 acres of ivergrown field, basically. It was about 3 weeks away from the cleanup day, so I just dug in. Everyday after work, I would go over there and cut some more. I was working my other job at the time (loss prevention for Kroger of Michigan), and has vacation time...SO, I spent my vacation down in the park cutting and mowing. There were some Looong days down there!:) Anyway, we ended up getting it all cut, and the Sunday that everyone showed up and did the cleanup was a success.

Good for you.

Sounds like a lot of hard work.

I had the mulch kit off this weekend and was side discharging.

I was suprised how well it cut the thick stuff with the kit off, it was like getting 5 extra hp from the engine.

REVOLUTION LAWN CO.
02-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Hi, So far our record is just over 12 hours non stop on a Z (John Deere 997). We were mowing quite a bit of acreage a week though.

Dillon
Revolution Lawn

Kohls Landscaping Co
02-26-2006, 10:21 PM
I've spent nine hours on a John Deere 9?? mowing for a farmer that I used to work for. We took a break eating lunch once. You know you've been on a mower to long when you get off and you're walking funny.

Dave

mrbray101
02-26-2006, 10:24 PM
five hours straight, then lunch, then another five hours every time we mowed a 250 house trailer court. Gets a little tideous, those old people love to clutter their lawns with plain ole crap.

South Florida Lawns
02-26-2006, 10:29 PM
Hi, So far our record is just over 12 hours non stop on a Z (John Deere 997). We were mowing quite a bit of acreage a week though.

Dillon
Revolution Lawn

Damn thats a long time.

Did you have to refuel?

REVOLUTION LAWN CO.
02-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Yeah, Its a long time. We didnt have to refuel until the next morning most of the time. Once we hit heavy grass we would have to refill near the end of the day. We did have the suspension seats and a good set of radio's :).

Dillon
Revolution Lawn Co.

REVOLUTION LAWN CO.
02-26-2006, 10:50 PM
I forgot to say 2-3 of the John Deere 1600 Turbo WAM's will be making a appearance next year :). Hopefully they will save us alot of time so we wont have to be on a zero turn as long as we did.

PMLAWN
02-27-2006, 10:35 AM
An industrial park we do takes about 5 hours total with about 4 hours of riding. We do it on Sunday to avoid the trucks.
An HOA we do takes about 7 hours but we must move the trailer 2 times so it is not constant

Jpocket
02-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Maybe a 3hrs tops...