PDA

View Full Version : glue & pvc fittings carryall

koster_irrigation
02-26-2006, 08:35 AM
Ive bought several over the years & its time for some new ones, now i find that theyve down sized them so quart sized cans wont fit.

Anyone know where to buy some of these?

tried lowes wallmart etc

http://www.sterilite.com/Products/Catalog/1584_LG.jpg

TURF DOCTOR
02-26-2006, 09:22 AM
You might try a walmart bag we get several every week.

Green Sweep
02-26-2006, 09:28 AM
We just use good old fashion 5 gal. buckets. I have seem something similar at our supplier.

Rob

PurpHaze
02-26-2006, 12:30 PM
Our tools are kept in "bucket buddies" and shelves in the service compartments of our trucks. We tape our quart primer and glue cans together and carry it as one unit. If we can't park our rigs close enough to the repair site so parts are handy I have a couple of those "earth friendly" cloth shopping bags that I'll put parts and tools into to carry to the repair spot. Works well for us.

Brings up another subject where we teach new guys that might be working with us for the first time the "clean and jerk" method of saving time. We never go back to the truck/trailer empty handed. Always look for something (pipe scraps, tools no longer needed, extra parts, etc.) to take back with you so you're not empty handed and the cleanup is a lot quicker when the repair is completed. I also tell newbies to just put tools/parts on one of the drop-down doors and I'll put them away. We're picky about where tools go because that's where we'll look for them next time. My partner's tools also have an orange paint mark on them so we don't get them mixed up. Nothing worse than splitting up for minor jobs and then discovering that the tool you need is on your partner's truck.

Bobcat s250 NY
02-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Ask your supplier. My supplier gives me like 8 every year that they are given to them by Rainbird. If they are an authorized dealer they should have some. They are great, alot bigger than what you have pictured. I will go take a pic of one we have and post it later. :waving:

Wet_Boots
02-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Best ones I ever saw were custom fabricated from sheet aluminum. Big, strong, and light.

Dirty Water
02-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Wal-Mart and Home Depot sells those toolboxes. I probably go through 2-3 a year.

I use PINT sized glue cans.

PurpHaze
02-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Here's another remedy... :laugh:

kozmo
02-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Ive bought several over the years & its time for some new ones, now i find that theyve down sized them so quart sized cans wont fit.

Anyone know where to buy some of these?

tried lowes wallmart etc

http://www.sterilite.com/Products/Catalog/1584_LG.jpg

My Guys love the totes we purchase them at sears hardware

Flow Control
02-26-2006, 07:27 PM
The rainbird ones do well enough for us for the 4 or 5 dollars they cost. We will drill a few holes in them so they will drain and they will usually last 2 to 3 years before replacing.

Dirty Water
02-26-2006, 08:00 PM
The rainbird ones do well enough for us for the 4 or 5 dollars they cost. We will drill a few holes in them so they will drain and they will usually last 2 to 3 years before replacing.

My problem is that I keep mine in the bed of my truck...and then somebody decides to load a wheel barrow in by throwing it up over the pipe rack.

CRUNCH.