PDA

View Full Version : New to the Business

Ocean Side
02-26-2006, 11:32 AM
Hi I am writing to you the pro's. I am in the Seacoast NH and thinking about doing some mowing this summer. I grew up landscaping, and I have been asked to mow some of my neighbors, friends, and family members lawns this summer. I have done it in the past as needed, but now the demand is greater. I have a very flexible schedule with many weekdays off. They have all said that they wish to pay me the going rate for my services. I have been researching the Idea allot and have found that most charge by the hour and then at a weekly rate for mowing,trimming and blowing. Landscaping rates being different for manpower and markup of installed products. disposal fees extra. I do not want to be a low baller or an under cutter at any rate. ( I am just starting out in the business on my own and want to make a good name for myself and work with others in my area) I do not want to do this and have friends of these people thinking that they are getting ripped off by their current landscaper and lawn care people. I am asking what is the normal going rate give or take a range for these jobs in the NE and NH??? Snowplowing rates as well??? I am asking and hoping that someone will be willing to give me the general range for the area of what the market makes. I know it will be best to register a business name and get commercial insur, rather than just checking (other) on my takes next year. Can anyone tell me how to do all this and be legit with the going rate. It would be greatly appreciated. I am sure there are many other with similar questions that may benefit. Thanks Agian!