PDA

View Full Version : I need a trailer...what size?

Palmer'sLS
02-26-2006, 10:45 PM
so i have just one wb now, but will soon be getting a rider, but i was lookin to get a 5x10...is this enough trailer or do i need more?

jtkplc
02-26-2006, 11:32 PM
A couple questions you might want to think about:

(1) What are you future plans? Will you be adding more equipment which would require a bigger trailer? If so, how soon before you would do that? If it's not very far off, then you might want to buy something bigger now so you don't waste money in the future buying what you wish you would have bought in the first place.

(2) What will you be pulling it with? If you have a small truck, you may not want a huge trailer that would be too hard on the truck.

One rule for trailers that I think most everyone on here will agree to, "Get a bigger trailer than you think you need because in the future you will use the extra space. If not you will wish you did."

qualitylawnmanagement
02-27-2006, 06:49 AM
If I were you I would get a 6x12 cause that way you stil have enough room to add one z on thier down the road.

TURF DOCTOR
02-27-2006, 08:13 AM
He is right a 6x12 you can load a ztr and a walkbehind.

grass_cuttin_fool
02-27-2006, 10:08 AM
I agree with the last 2 post with 2 mowers on the trailer its going to take at least 11 feet, get the 6x12 as a min.size. Ive seen a few guys think 10 ft was enough till you try to put the 2nd mower on the trailer. MY 2nd suggestion would be a 16 ft tandem trailer, but I would say nothing smaller than a 6x12

wayne