PDA

View Full Version : Another which mower thread

chimmygew
02-27-2006, 11:36 AM
I am going to break down and buy a good 21" mower this year. I have always used Lawn Boy, but the new ones they have out are nickel and diming me to death. My only local dealer carries Snapper and Toro. So, my question is, would you buy a Toro Proline or a Snapper Hi-Vac. What are the major differences and your likes/dislikes? I won't buy a Honda because that dealer is an hour away and my local dealer is great. He also told me he was getting ready to take a 2005 36" Scag hydro on trade. I would really like the 36", but would probably not use it that much. So, which 21" would you buy and why?

FrankenScagMachines
02-27-2006, 12:35 PM
hey buddy whats going on?

how much use will this thing get? Me and everyone over here really like either the older magnesium deck Lawn Boy's or the Toro Pro Line mowers as far as 21's go... I really like the Lawn Boy mag decks for their light weight and they had awesome engines back then. Very easy to lift in and out of the truck/trailer and very simple, easy to push, compact, great mowers. will you be mulching, discharge or bagging?

later,
Eric

chimmygew
02-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Doin pretty good, glad to see your back.

I like to mulch, I still have two older gold series Lawn Boys, but they have seen better days. They were awesome. I bought one of the newer ones a couple years ago with a honda engine and it doesn't mulch worth a crap. I don't care to side discharge. I just want a really good cut.

toac
02-27-2006, 01:26 PM
doesn't toro manufacture lawn boy now?

chimmygew
02-28-2006, 09:07 AM
bump...........................................................

chimmygew
02-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Any opinions/ comments on either one?