PDA

View Full Version : Business Card Magnets

SLC, LLC
02-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Anyone ever use these? If so, any suggestions on where to buy them from that is pretty cheap??

Lawnman4life
02-27-2006, 01:09 PM
At home depot they have 50 packs that you peel the sticker and stick your card to them. They work and look pretty good. I sent 1 with each proposal this year. Just becareful sending them as they aren't light. Buy the way, they are 10 bucks a pack.

Sin City Lawn Care
02-27-2006, 02:09 PM
I havent used them yet, But I know a guy who owns a couple of franchised mold and water damage, and carpet cleaning businesses and he has used them for years. He says its really cool going in to a house and seeing them on the fridge.

They give the customer to keep YOUR name hanging around.

He buys in LARGE bulk so he gets the for like .20 each still not cheap. But the sticker idea from Home Depot sound cool, if they stay on the magnet

palawnman
02-27-2006, 02:47 PM
At home depot they have 50 packs that you peel the sticker and stick your card to them. They work and look pretty good. I sent 1 with each proposal this year. Just becareful sending them as they aren't light. Buy the way, they are 10 bucks a pack.

I used these last year, and will be using them again this year. You can get them at Office Max, and Staples too I think. Its not a bad idea at all, I usually give them to all my customers when they sign up or include it in invoices to any one time landscaping jobs. I have had a some people thank me for them. I think it is more convenient for people to just stick it on their fridge and know if they ever need you they know where to look, and they dont have to try to see if it is their wallet or purse...most business cards can get lost pretty easily. The cards stick on their really good, the only hard part is centering it on there, also even if you get in the magnet perfectly, the business card is a tiny tiny bit bigger than area for you to put it in. But when done right its not too noticable.

Ron

B&D Lawn Care
02-27-2006, 04:58 PM
That's actually what I did yesterday. Well what I had my kids do. I told them it was time for arts and crafts, so 600 cards later they were done. TAlk about cheap labor. I posted this in the business managment section. Talk about some negative response. It seems some people were wanting to get into the great mailbox debate. That ain't what it was all about.

Signature Landscaping1
02-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Vista Print!!!

Wells
02-27-2006, 05:04 PM
We had our magnetic cards done at: www.promohut.com
Cost was around $0.16 a piece.

gqnine44
02-27-2006, 08:41 PM

Thanks, Wells I think those are best prices I have seen anywhere so far.

mcwlandscaping
02-27-2006, 09:17 PM
I loaded the file for the image i wanted on the cards but it doesn't let me see it before i buy it? Or is there somewhere i can go to see it?

dsmrolla06
02-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Im getting my 4 color cards done from a guy i know around here for .18 ea for 2500. He also did my tuck magnets, 3 12x30" 4 color for $100. About the best price ive seen so far.

Wells
02-27-2006, 10:58 PM
I loaded the file for the image i wanted on the cards but it doesn't let me see it before i buy it? Or is there somewhere i can go to see it?

Not sure what's going on with it, but they will send you a sample for review before they do any printing.

mcwlandscaping
02-27-2006, 11:08 PM
Not sure what's going on with it, but they will send you a sample for review before they do any printing.
Ok thanks, am just nervous to hit the add to cart button before seeing what im getting,

STRINGALATION
03-01-2006, 02:21 PM
I Got Mine From Wal-mart In Two Different Styles Reasonablt Priced Can't Remeber Exactly But I Thought It Was A Deal

Albemarle Lawn
05-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Seems better, and more classy, than flyers (although a lot more $).

Probably legal as long as it doesn't interfere with the mailbox lid or red flag, and doesn't cover up address numbers.

topsites
05-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Seems better, and more classy, than flyers (although a lot more $).

Probably legal as long as it doesn't interfere with the mailbox lid or red flag, and doesn't cover up address numbers.

No offense, but I would only hand out these cards to existing customers as something they can stick on their refrigerator.

As for me, nothing magnetic comes near my computer, and since my office is where the computer is there are no magnets in this room, so no magnetic business cards for me but the idea is cool.

Dogbonz
05-14-2006, 10:18 PM
I bought the 50 pack at HD for a bought $8. Made my own Biz cards and only give them to people I do work for. They all thank me for them and say, "yeah i seen your card this morning and thought i need to call him".
I think I gave out 6 with my Plow card and 14 with the Grass card

Soupy
05-14-2006, 11:19 PM
No offense, but I would only hand out these cards to existing customers as something they can stick on their refrigerator.

As for me, nothing magnetic comes near my computer, and since my office is where the computer is there are no magnets in this room, so no magnetic business cards for me but the idea is cool.

I have a magnet on my computer. I have built many computers and work on them for friends all the time. I use a magnetic screw driver, but at that point the power is off and power has been surged from the power supply too. These things are not as sensitive as you may think. Did you know you could unplug your computer, drop it in a lake, open it up and let it dry out for a few days and it will work? I actually clean my keyboard in the sink, but I have a back up to use while it dries out for 2 days.

carcrz
05-15-2006, 12:42 AM
are you for real???

cessnasovereign
05-15-2006, 01:33 AM
I've wanted to do this.. My buddy and his uncle run a heating and air company and whenever they're working, they slap magnets on the mailboxes on either side of the property they are working at. They say, it's brought them business because "No one throws away a free magnet" which is kinda true.

Soupy
05-15-2006, 02:22 AM
are you for real???

If your asking me? Yes. I was just trying to prove a point to Topsite that he is overreacting to not having magnets in his office (I'm sure everyone has drank water near their computer too). About the computer in the lake I have never tried it but I did dip a video card in water to prove it would still work. Keyboard has been hosed down plenty of times with no problems (you have to let this stuff completely dry, I open the keyboard to dry). I use a magnetic screw driver because I hate dropping those little screws, but I surge the power supply by unplugging the computer then hit the power button and you can hear it purge what power is left.

twj721
05-16-2006, 12:10 AM
www.IPRINT.COM is where we had ours made

Team-Green L&L
05-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Americans as a whole love magnets. Who throws them away? They end up on someone's fridge everytime. Now take that into how much you spend on thrown away, torn up, and scratch paper-ed business cards and the equation is simple.

rfed32
05-17-2006, 01:18 AM
i got a 50 pack from office max for 9bucks with the sticky side where you place your biz card on it...works and looks great...love them