PDA

View Full Version : Lesco Commercial Lawn Mowers

Tbaer
02-27-2006, 12:37 PM
I am wondering if anyone is currently using or has used a Lesco mower. I came across them on the internet, and then went to their shop in person. The mowers appear to be identical to a Scag or a Toro. They also look to be very well built and considerably less expensive than their competitors. I am considering getting the floating deck hydro-drive 54in. So if anyone has experience using that particular mower that would be great. Also I sort of got the impression from the shop that Lesco does not sell to individual small business owners.

mrbray101
02-27-2006, 12:59 PM
I have a 36" belt drive lesco and havent had any problems. Its been a great mower for me so far. I dont know anything about the hydros. One thing before buying, ask around and find out their service reputation. If your buying a new mower youll want to make sure that that particular lesco dealer wil lbe able to service everything and do a good job.

Signature Landscaping1
02-27-2006, 04:03 PM
I have a brand new lesco 48'' gear drive, I love it and i highly recommend it to any one. I paid 2500 for it. Awesome machine.

beautifullawns
02-27-2006, 04:59 PM
I am thinking about buying one too. I know that they are the same as Cub Cadet commercial. Great prices during their spring expo too.

Paradise Landscapes
02-27-2006, 05:01 PM
i talked to the local lesco guys and they are made by cub cadet. (AKA: MTD)
To get them serviced, you would have to take it to a cub cadet dealer.

MRGreenstuff
02-27-2006, 05:19 PM
I have only used Lesco Mowers from the beginning and I am pleased with there cut quality and overall performance. They also stripe nice. As far as service goes our dealer does all repair in house, but so far Ive never had to use their services.

Rhett
02-27-2006, 05:30 PM
I have both the belt drive and the hydro Lescos. Good mower for the money. Do not like the fact that this year the mower presence switch is only operative in the left handle but will get used to it. Would stay away from the 54 in super duty (Black) as they are having problems getting them to cut properly and with set up.

Turf Technologies
02-27-2006, 11:00 PM
I own two both are getting near three and four yrs old. Im happy with them I have a 52 WB and a 60Ztwo.

mow2nd
02-28-2006, 12:01 AM
I have one of the first 48 in wb Lesco came out with, and the thing still cuts good, of course it is belt drive so you have less to go wrong. I used to have a Viper, but way to much trouble for me, I personally just dont like Hydro unless u have flat wide open areas. I dont, I have small yds that are sometimes hilly. So I only use walkbehinds, both 48 and 36 belt, great mowers

Dixie Rob
02-28-2006, 06:49 AM
You asked if they would sell to small business, and yes. I am a homeowner and they sell to me!