PDA

View Full Version : Bunton Mower Question

CompletePropertyCare
02-27-2006, 01:46 PM
I have a local dealer that my family has been using for a long time. We never bought anything commercial, just 21 inch mowers, old school forest gump looking riders. I've been looking at a 54 inch hydro walk behind (new) and I've been just wondering what everyone thinks of them.

zim bob the landscaper
02-27-2006, 02:01 PM
well i have a 52 inch bunton belt drive the thing is awesome its a older motel.

wissel_landscaping
02-27-2006, 05:02 PM
I have a 2 year old 52" hydro i just bought it and have only used it a couple of times but so far it seems to be a very good mower.

naturescape
02-27-2006, 05:35 PM
I have the 48" with z controls. Nice, great cutting mower, with comfortable controls. But expensive. Are you looking at the z control mower?

baddboygeorge
02-28-2006, 12:42 AM
bunton originated here in louisville kentucky. they made some fine mowers. i have owned several models an yes they are true quality mowers .I dont see alot in use around here much anymore due to the fact that bunton sold out to textron.Now if you want the best mower buy a scag !! see ya george

work_it
02-28-2006, 01:09 AM
Yep George, I remember the old Bunton factory. I still have an old 48" w/b that I just can't seem to kill. I'll be so bummed out when that mower finally dies. As for Textron...hum. Lets just say that I'm glad I know how to do all the repairs on that mower myself. We have a really good Scag/Bunton dealer here in Louisville, and if it wasn't for them I would have sold that mower years ago. They're great at getting me replacement parts fast. Two thumbs up to Kenny, Jim, and their staff for all the support and help they've provided on the Bunton and the excellent work they've done on my Scag TT.( <-----shameless plug----:rolleyes: )

Tyner Lawn Service
02-28-2006, 08:20 AM
Ran all the old (when they were new) Buntons. I loved the way they held up and to this day I don't think there was a better balanced mower. They would run forever and never come out of adjustment and on the gear drives(except the '91 52) which was a horrible mower the old GoodAll's were great. I had a 52 with a 14 Briggs that cost $1,800 new and mowed the world. I feel the new ones are not the same as too much influence from BobCat.