PDA

View Full Version : Which Deere should I buy??

POPO4995
02-27-2006, 03:08 PM
I am looking to add a new piece of equipment to the fleet. For me, Deere of course. I currently have a 997, 737, 425AWS, and a 2305. I am looking to trade the 737 in. It is an 2004, 54"deck, 130hrs. Anyways, I can't decide between another 2305, or a 757 with the new 7-IRON II Mulch on Demand Deck. I have a utility tractor already in my 2305, and I still have the 997 also. So which do you think I should purchase? I really like the cut of the Z's but it is only $1500 more for the 2305, which would include the 62" Edge deck and 200CX loader. Any help would be appreciated.....I'm goin' crazy!!!!!!

deereman
02-27-2006, 07:44 PM
What are you looking to get from your 737?

Charles Odell
02-27-2006, 09:24 PM
the front loader, If you don't have to have this unit for
mowing I would look at a 790 or 4010 with a loader may be a
finish mower,The reason I say this is you would be surprised
how much a loader will make for you, saves on labor also
I spread topsoil for other landscapers, put down sb2 in drives and
parking lots It gives you the capabilty to buy truck load of mulch
(you can load your self , mulch is cheaper this way also) The belly
mower may be a pain on a tractor ,would be in the way on rough ground
I have a 4400 with loader , backhoe and bush hog Which you
could also add later to the larger tractor Hope this helps:drinkup:

heather lawn sp
02-27-2006, 11:59 PM
The question might be, where do you want to go? Mowing or grounds maintenance. Good point from Charles. Tractor is more for landscape services. 757 is a pure mower and nothing else, but does it very well. Quick light manuverable. Will the 425AWS cover the work load of the 737? Can the 425AWS cover any of the tractor's low end work? 997 is too cumbersome for small detail work so its not in the discussion. What has more profit margin and volume, mowing or grounds maintenance? Tractor will be slower mowing but do other work. Is there enough to support two tractors? Our solution was a baby skid stear and JD F725 with attachments,
a 655 (predecessor to 757) and the 997.

Why sell 737 with low hours? Not enough work in two years? Can you sell more landscape services (topsoil mulching) to 'feed' a tractor? Are you able to sell services now and decide purchase on the outcome of the sales campaign?

It is a tough decision. Try to visualize where you want to be in, say, 2 years and work your equipment list from that.

POPO4995
02-28-2006, 12:01 AM
What are you looking to get from your 737?
I'm not sure if I wanna trade or sell myself. The unit is brand new...pampered low hours and doesnt have any scratches. I dont think the dealer will give me what it is worth but....:confused: :confused: In the past year I have sub'd out most of my landscape/hardscape but am really jumping in with two feet this year. I would like to be able to install new yards, whether it be seed or sod. Would a 2305 be big enough for this? I have also thought about not replacing or adding anything new this year and in 2007, add a 2520 or 2320 with the loader/backhoe combo. I do alot of mulching and things of that nature so I could definetaly put the 2305's to use. But they would also be mowers.

heather lawn sp
02-28-2006, 12:06 AM
The question might be, where do you want to go? Mowing or grounds maintenance. Good point from Charles. Tractor is more for landscape services. 757 is a pure mower and nothing else, but does it very well. Quick light manuverable. Will the 425AWS cover the work load of the 737? Can the 425AWS cover any of the tractor's low end work? 997 is too cumbersome for small detail work so its not in the discussion. What has more profit margin and volume mowing or grounds maintenance? Tractor will be slower mowing but do other work. Is there enough to support two tractors? Our solution was a baby skid stear and JD F725 with attachments,
655 (predecessor to 757)

Why sell 737 with low hours? Not enough work in two years? Can you sell more landscape services (topsoil mulching) to 'feed' a tractor? Are you able to sell services now and decide purchase on the outcome of the sales campaign?

It is a tough decision. Try to visualize where you want to be in, say, 2 years and work your equipment list from that.

befnme
02-28-2006, 01:29 AM
have you read the latest thread on how john deere will leave you stuck in the mud after you buy. better read tony's threads and more :

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=117091

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=126837

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=128977

Tonyr
02-28-2006, 05:16 AM
I would like to take this opportunity to thank those who supported me through my saga, I believe my dealer was at most fault for not working hard enough with deere to fix the faulty mower.

I blame dealer more than deere, but both gave shocking service to my problem.

BUT, now I have a new mower, a j.d 997 side discharge and it is awesome, best mower I've ever used, I would buy another.

It is great that people are aware that occasionally cases of slack service happens, but I have to happily say, my fight is over, I won it, and am not going to continue the bad saga stuff.

For me it's all over and I'm very happy.

like a lot of companies, if ya dealer is crap, the service will be, and the manufacturer will never be able to fix things due to slack service and communication from dealer.

My business is currently for sale, so I'm not going to say anything more about my experience on this forum, my current mower is great.

Sammy
02-28-2006, 10:17 AM
The question might be, where do you want to go? Mowing or grounds maintenance.

Last I heard, mowing is considered grounds maintenance.:usflag:

heather lawn sp
02-28-2006, 01:04 PM
Last I heard, mowing is considered grounds maintenance.:usflag:
Technically yes you are correct.:sleeping: The point of the posting was to separate straight mowing (757 use) as a subsection of grounds maintenance (the more general use. . . tractor) from the general topic of grounds maintenance. Would you like me to get more pedantic?:canadaflag:

Sammy
02-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Technically yes you are correct.
:usflag: Thank you.:usflag:

Details .....Details .....:rolleyes:

4SeasonsLandscapingOCDLLC
02-28-2006, 04:39 PM
I would get something with a loader to expand my options, but the 737/757 mowers have a nice cut, just depends what you want to do more of.