PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With EP Henry Raised Patio Pricing

LandscapeMember
02-27-2006, 02:53 PM
I am bidding on a large job and an EP Henry Raised Patio is one piece. I know it is hard to give a price without seeing the property. The ground is almost a flat grade and the raised patio will be 15x30 (15 out from the house and over 30 feet.) There will be 3 steps from the sliding glass door and two pillars in the center with 2 steps down. I am using 3 inch Coventry for the pillars with lights.

I will be using 6 inch Coventry for the 12 inch raise and Coventry pavers for the pavers.

Assuming a flat grade, what would be your ballpark price?

I appreciate any feedback.

Thank you.

landscapingpoolguy
02-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Im in NJ. Please contact me. via pm.

Dreams To Designs
02-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Why don't you contact your EP Henry sales or Conserv representative. They will be very happy to help you with pricing, materials and construction. They have a very helpful staff and are happy to assist anyone that is willing to use their product. You must first know what your overhead, skills and abilities and your intended profit margin will be to come up with the correct pricing for your business and a fair price for your client.

Kirk

ahrdscape
03-02-2006, 11:21 PM
You must first know what your overhead, skills and abilities and your intended profit margin will be to come up with the correct pricing for your business and a fair price for your client.

Great point! Dreams To Designs
If everyone followed that we would be in buisness!
I second the point about ConServ very knowlegable and they are there for you. And the best part they are FREE!

LandscapeMember
03-06-2006, 09:36 AM
Thank you for the information. I put together a good formula this past weekend. I will be more efficient in giving estimates.

Dreams To Designs
03-06-2006, 10:13 AM
That's the best thing to do. No one knows your business like you. Don't hesitate to contact a Conserv rep. They are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. What part of NJ are you in?

Kirk

roco5
08-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Hey I am bidding on a natural stone project. It is my first raised patio. What do you guys use for fillers?

NewHorizon's Land
08-07-2008, 06:29 PM
What are you calling fillers?

roco5
08-07-2008, 11:54 PM
What should I use to raise the level of the ground to 4'5"?

NewHorizon's Land
08-09-2008, 11:56 AM
3/4" clean stone to approx 9" under top of pavers. This will give you the 6" for your base. If you want more base then put less 3/4" clean. Compact the 3/4" clean every 4 to 6 inches depending on size of compactor. Use gep textile between soil and 3/4" clean stone and between the 3/4" and the stone you are using for your base.

roco5
08-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Thank you for the help. I have been reading as much as possible on raised patio's and now I am concerned about the basement foundation wall of the house. There was an article saying that the added weight of the patio can have implications on the original structure causing problems for the homeowner in the future. Should I be concerned?

roco5
08-10-2008, 01:08 PM
This is the article that had me worried about pressure on foundation wall

http://www.helium.com/items/1022235-planning-for-a-raised-patio?page=3

Should this be of concern?

PerfiCut L&L
08-10-2008, 07:20 PM
OK, I give up. $9000-$18000

NewHorizon's Land
08-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Yes you should be concerned. Put in two inch foam board all the way down wrap your geotextile the entire length of the basement and the entire height.

forestfireguy
08-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Formulas are good but they can't account for variables, just be sure you've gone over it all and are really sure of where you need to be to make your desired profit, whatever that is, and I don't how long you've been in the game but make sure you have a contract, its part of a consumer fraud protection law in NJ.

roco5
08-13-2008, 09:56 PM
New Horizons thank you for the heads up. In regards to the foam is that put on the base before backfilling or is this along the exterior of the house?