PDA

View Full Version : questions about stripping with the roller

sparcolawn
02-27-2006, 04:37 PM
I've seen the roller and the results that can come from it but im thinking that if your mowing a lawn and ride over a stump or something that the roller will catch and jerk you right off the mower, i've never even seen one in person so im not educated on it at all, but any comments would be great, thanks

Buckeye1
02-27-2006, 04:49 PM
The roller doesn't catch because it really doesn't sit that much lower than the deck. If it hits something it justs rides up over top since the deck is floating anyway.

Mike M
02-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Do all rollers work that way? I thought about the exmark kit. I wondered about the same problem, does it get caught up on anything, forward or in reverse, backing off my trailer, etc.

I have the floating deck on a metro 48.

Mike

nobagger
02-27-2006, 04:58 PM
We use Big League Stripe kits. They stripe awesome! As far as catching, they roll right over things. I personally wouldn't mow over any stumps, but even if you didn't see it, I'm sure it would just roll over it. Our roll right on the ground. Check out their web site. I think its BigLeagueLawns.com:waving:

kppurn
02-27-2006, 06:13 PM
I have a roller on my 60" eXmark Lazer Z. I've never had a problem with it getting caught on something.