PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going!

Paradise Landscapes
02-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Well, I think I have made up my mind. But, I don't know. Heres' the situation:

I've been doing the best I possibly can in this industry. I have 7 years under my belt working for someone else(4yrs) and trying to get my business going(3yrs.)

I'm planning on going to college and investing into an education which I'll always have. Then get back into the business again.

After or during college, I plan on taking my CLP Test and other certifications.

cwlawley
02-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Good luck with everthing.

B&D Lawn Care
02-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah good luck!

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
02-27-2006, 07:13 PM
Ditto (Good Luck)!

CAG
02-27-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm not sure how your business is going, but it would seem that after three years you should be getting yourself pretty well established. I would think your next three years should be a lot better and start making some serious money. Why not try night classes, don't you think that would be easier that then to restart the business in a couple years?? Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Dixie Rob
02-28-2006, 06:54 AM
You have good ambitions, but as someone that has been to college and then gone back to their previous job, I will tell you now, that it would be more beneficial if you were to just take some business management classes and maybe some communication classes at like a local community college verses actually going to college full time if you plan on working for yourself. It just makes more sence. I'm going to work for myself the rest of my life, so what's the point of the education? It seems to me that a college education is for the corporate world, and not really suited for every day life. I have some guys working for me doing construction that have masters degrees in computer science, and can't find a job.

Good luck with your endevors.

Paradise Landscapes
02-28-2006, 07:53 AM
My first 2 years fellas was due to poor advertizing, not understanding marketing, Having some problems delivering my message when selling. :hammerhead:
The college I plan on attending is in Salem,OH (kent-Salem) I'll be in the evening classes for accedemics. Tuesdays and Thursdays day-time Lab training. We are taught all aspects of landscaping. I'm aiming towards Landscape Construction and design. After college, Im going for my CLT/CLP and others if I can. I will have time to work on the business during college. I won't be going untill fall. (onset of off-season) My internship will have to be local so I can service clients in the evening and weekends if possible.

Internship: Work for a well-known group close by. (would like pattie group, too far to drive. 1hr drive) Then work for a landscape architect/design firm also.

But on the contrary, I should have time for my business as well.

hole in one lco
02-28-2006, 07:57 AM
cant read cant right kent state but you shier can party youll have a good time

Paradise Landscapes
02-28-2006, 08:00 AM
cant read cant right kent state but you shier can party youll have a good time

??:confused:

hole in one lco
02-28-2006, 08:07 AM
??:confused:
I thought you where talking about kent state you never herd that saying about kent

Paradise Landscapes
02-28-2006, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I'm going to kent. never heard that saying.